Corpus Christi Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any one know why im picking up a truncked system instead of just the fire dept. i used the frequencys off this website beacuse the towers are like the ones on our trucks radios

bbedsole

Premium Subscriber
The fire department IS part of the City's EDACS trunked system. As far as I know, the fire department doesn't use any conventional frequencies. Is that what you're asking?

FYI, the frequencies for all three towers listed here on RR are good. You will probably pick up the Shoreline tower clearest and most often, but the other two are working. I usually scan all three just to make sure I'm not missing anything.

What kind of radio are you referring to? You have an LPE or Jaguar?

LarryN

South Texas DB Admin
Premium Subscriber
From your screen name I am guessing you are a new Flour Bluff firefighter. We need some more information to help you. What kind of scanner are you using? What do you want to listen to? Did you program it correctly? What exactally are you hearing? If you have a PRO 97 I would be happy to clone it with mine.

klong5663

confussed in Corpus

Looking to getting a scanner and not sure which direction to turn. I'm wanting to monitor police both city and county. Why isnt there a live feed in Corpus? What scanner to get that is programable for this area?

bbedsole

Premium Subscriber
Few options

Confused In Corpus: To answer your question... you need an TRUNKING scanner capable of picking up an EDACS system if you want to pick up city and county transmissions. (it's actually the same system). Those are your two key words... TRUNKING and EDACS. And the system is currently analog, not digital, so you can buy a cheaper scanner to hear everything. Uniden, GRE, and Radio Shack all make good scanners to work in this area. Check out ScannerMaster.com or RadioShack.com to see what's being sold, or go to Ebay. I got my Pro-97 off of Ebay and I love it. I also love the Win97 software to program it, but that's optional. Good luck.

bbedsole

Premium Subscriber
No Pro Voice yet

No Pro Voice here. If they have it, they don't use it. We hear dispatch channels, back channels, tactical channels, swat, special services, etc.

I recently saw on a grant list that the City/PD bought some ProVoice capable radios a few years ago, but they must not use it much, because we hear a lot.

LarryN

South Texas DB Admin
Premium Subscriber
The CCPD is using some digital on some talk groups. Occasionally you can hear SWAT in the clear. Though it is usually for day to day stuff. Once they start an operation they go digital. Back in the day I used to love to listen to the Vice guys doing stings on Johns and Hookers. Those days are gone for good though.

San Pat county was all Pro Voice until they re-banded. Now everything is in the clear. See the Corpus page for information concerning re-banding. They are supposed to go this week. Somebody correct me if I am wrong. I think that all the freqs are just moving down 15 khz.

bbedsole

Premium Subscriber
Actually, I don't CCPD ever really uses digital. I recently asked one of the supervisors about it, and he was a little confused at first, but after a little tinkering, he said that yes, their radios were digital-capable.

But I really don't think they ever use it, and probably don't need to.

For example, just today we followed a SWAT team standoff all morning, and a few weeks ago we followed another SWAT standoff on the southside. And yes, LarryN, we can actually still hear the prostitution stings loud and clear! Pretty funny too. It just so happened they were doing it twice recently right outside our television station. I almost went outside to wave to them and wish them good luck.

:)

Lol how'd u know lol well im using a uniden bearcat bc355c......is that even a good one? well im hearing fire dept. once in a while but mostly public works and rta busses is there anything better i can buy

LarryN

South Texas DB Admin
Premium Subscriber
Bart,

I am going to have to put the Vice talk group back in my scanning rotation.

FF929,

You are going to need to get a trunking scanner. I have a Pro-97 and Pro-433 that I like. You should be able to get a decent scanner that trunks for less than $200. Check out the Classifieds section here for some good deals. If you get a 97 or 433 I will be happy to program it for you.

gus426

Premium Subscriber
ok scanner went quiet looking for the control channel its not there now what about the new shoreline tower freqs anybody? gonna try to scan flour bluff now...

Tejedor

Premium Subscriber
Rebanding Complete

Well it looks like the Corpus Christi "Shoreline" and "Violet-Robstown" systems are now switched over to the new rebanded system. The frequencies should all be in the 851.000Mhz area.

The "Bluff" system was switched over in January or early February.

Now what we need is someone kind enough to get the new frequencies and the correct LCN and we will all be back in buisness.

Anyone out there with the inside info on the new systems?

Last edited:

davidbond21

Now what we need is someone kind enough to get the new frequencies and the correct LCN and we will all be back in buisness.

Take all the old frequencies, subtract 15 MHz from each one, then plug each back into the original LCN slot it came from, and that should be all you have to do. No guesswork or frequency searches needed.

To everybody in the Corpus Christi area:

Would it be possible for someone around the area to run UniTrunker for a few days on the Public Safety EDACS system for me, and then send me the file? All you need is a scanner with a discriminator tap installed(either after the fact, or a built in one line in the PSR-500/600, Pro-106/197, or Uniden 396/996XT), a programming cable, and then a computer. I can help walk anyone willing to help me through the steps of setting up UniTrunker and running it(not that difficult actually and the software is free).

Tejedor

Premium Subscriber
Shoreline and Violet Sites back on.

Well I guess they did not "switch over" yet. The Systems are back working fine. Who knows what they are doing.

bbedsole

Premium Subscriber
Keep Your Fingers Crossed

Yes, the heavens have parted and the scanner gods are once again smiling on us tonight.

Here's my question. The city has three towers, and I could easily adjust the frequencies on the Flour Bluff tower by lowering the frequencies 15 mhz, but when I try to do that to the other two sets of tower frequencies (currently at 856.xxxxx), my Win97 programming software won't do it. It just auto-resets it at 849.00000.

Does that mean my Pro97 scanner is incapable of tuning into this new frequency?
Does it mean my Win97 software is incapable of tuning into this new frequency?
Or does is mean these numbers shouldn't really be dropping 15 mhz?

Any insight would be great.

ok heres my question my scanner isnt a trunking scanner but i can still here everything pretty good i just heard enigine 12 out at a grass fire am i gonna have to buy a new one or whats the deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.