Corpus Christi- Port Aransas

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbhtxk

I am going to be down in the coastal area over the forth of July. Other than what's listed in the database, any good ideas on what to program up and maybe any good beach areas to visit (we are staying out at Port Aransas)? Got a 396 and a pro 97 to keep me company while the kids are in the surf. Thanks for the help in advance.

mike_webb59

I go there often enough.
The Corpus Christi EDACS system comes in clear as well as NAS CC.
Have freescan files for your 396T if you hit my PM with an email address.

HTH, Mike

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
pretty interesting...

I'v eheard some pretty interesting things down there also... CC EDACS is crazy busy (at least on a normal Saturday in last October it was always busy). Had a guy amputate a fingertip at the hotel I was staying in while my friends are pokin' fun of the "nerdy guy with his scanner" (me). Then the tones ring out and I hear the page for MY hotel, so I take the ol' nerdy scanner and my "Weller and Coke," to go investigate. Blood everywhere in the lobby... trailer hitch got his middle finger (karma?).

Also, was at the Texas State Aquarium in CC and heard a USCG cutter radioing to a Jayhawk for diver/helo exercises. Then about a minute later right next to the aquarium the chopper buzzes in and spends about 10 minutes on maneuvers in the beach area. Fun times. Have a good trip.

W5TWX

Here's a few you might try.

156.800 CH-16 Coast Guard distress call channel
345.000 Coast Guard Helos
381.800 Coast Guard Helos - not sure if this one is still active
156.135 ferry boats in Port Aransas
159.270 Game Warden in Port Aransas
140.325 - Military Aircraft traffic advisory

Maritime Telecomms
http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/marcomms/vhf.htm

gus426

Premium Subscriber
I am going to be down in the coastal area over the forth of July. Other than what's listed in the database, any good ideas on what to program up and maybe any good beach areas to visit (we are staying out at Port Aransas)? Got a 396 and a pro 97 to keep me company while the kids are in the surf. Thanks for the help in advance.

The most interesting stuff will be on the CCTRS system on the CCPD and FIRE talkbroups I think anything else will be pretty boring...You can try the Padre Staples Mall Frequency at 462.100 ...there are also some refineries you can listen to...lol you might try the signal stalker on your Pro-97 for the Port Aransas are its a little to far for me to pick up. Milair like someone else said is pretty active out here.

Gus

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.