corpus christi still edacs ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

FIREBUSTEREMT

I have Radio Shack PRO-92 ,PRO-93 & PRO-433. I have programed the 92 with all 45 freq. in order beginng with site 1, site 2, & site 15.(in the same bank.)with TG using DECimal and had no problem recieving fire,ems ,police. Now i have programed 93 differant by only entering each site in its on bank with its freq. and put talk groups in each bank. Now i only get limited traffic and alot of differant TG's(re:0529) should be or was fire dispatch but now i sounds like Dispatch side ONLY for Delta units (PD)?????!!!also sometimes i get a controll channel (RE:buzzing click click ETC ETC) on what should be TG 530 (fire GROUP 7)...........Has corpus christi gone to digital already or is it in the testing stage or have the re-assigned TG"s..........or they have new system,NOT edacs................

LarryN

South Texas DB Admin
Premium Subscriber
Fire Buster,

Sounds like a programming error. Ensure that the LCN is correct and be sure the first freq is in the FIRST channel in the bank on the scanner.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
LarryN said:
Ensure that the LCN is correct and be sure the first freq is in the FIRST channel in the bank on the scanner.
Yes and no. Make sure that each frequency is in the correct LCN slot. If the first frequency is LCN 1, then put it in slot 1 of the bank (e.g. 101, 201, etc.), if the first frequency is LCN 3 then put it in slot 3 of the bank (e.g. 103, 203, etc.). Since you are talking about Corpus Christi, all of the sites start with LCN 1; however, note that only the 433 starts with channel 1 in each bank, the others start with channel 0 (never used in EDACS or LTR programming).

And of course since each LCN must match with the appropriate slot number (with the exception of LTR on a Pro-92/2067) then:
BaLa said:
First off.....
It should not have worked properly, with the different sites being mixed.
Is correct.

gus426

Premium Subscriber
I don't think the pro93 or pro92 will scan edacs like we have here in CC I'm using a Uniden BC245XLTdaily, I also have a Pro95 and Pro97that work just fine...The Pro433 should do edacs as long as it is programmed correctly. Hey Croaker what have you been up to I haven't heard from you for a while.
Gus

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
gus426 said:
I don't think the pro93 or pro92 will scan edacs like we have here in CC I'm using a Uniden BC245XLTdaily, I also have a Pro95 and Pro97that work just fine...The Pro433 should do edacs as long as it is programmed correctly. Hey Croaker what have you been up to I haven't heard from you for a while.
Gus
I am curious as to why you say that. You use a Pro-95 and it and the Pro-93 are the same radio with the exception of channel capacity. The Pro-92 (all models) work with EDACS systems, so could you elaborate? Is there something special about the Corpus system (other than the few ProVoice TGs)?

gus426

Premium Subscriber
My bad Lou, I obviously confused those Radio Shack models with others that didn't track the EDACS system from the early 90's, thanks for catching sorry for my bad reply. I didn't do my homework.LoL

Gus

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
gus426 said:
My bad Lou, I obviously confused those Radio Shack models with others that didn't track the EDACS system from the early 90's, thanks for catching sorry for my bad reply. I didn't do my homework.LoL

Gus
Ah, no problem. Just always open for something new to learn.

gus426

Premium Subscriber
FireBusterEmt if your trying to scan CCTRS from Rockport you might be to far also you might try the Flour Bluff tower only it might be your best shot. I know on trips to San Antonio I was able to pick up CCTRS almost all the way to George West with the 800mhz Radio Shack rubber duck antenna. Its like me trying to scan San Patricio TRS from the southside of CC I can only rec. them from the Ingleside tower...FYI hope you get it..

Gus

mike_webb59

yeah, I never tried the CC EDACS systems from Rockport. IIRC those towers are on the West side of the Bay. Can just barely catch Port Aransas and Refugio from Kontiki Beach.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.