Corpus SWAT shots fired, Officer down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croaker90

I turned on my scanner to see TAC 2 UNID talking, and I heard them say they have pepper balls ready, then a few minutes later, they said SHOTS FIRED from the Alpha Side, then I heard officer down. (I'm not sure if he was shot, or maybe just got hurt some how)

After I heard shots fired I went to get my video recorder, and im recording what they say and Ill put it on youtube.

Just a second ago, they said All units stand down, (something about SWAT, didn't hear it clearly)

I have no information on what is going on, or where it is at, I will be watching the news in 30 minutes, and update.

All I heard is officer needs a medic, then I started to scan the scanner, and HALO Flight is in use I don't know if its for the incident or for something different, but the scanners is flooded now. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M5tvC_LyIg

he said SCENARIO so I think it was pratice..

Last edited:

Croaker90

Now I hear on

TAC UNIFORM TAC6
something about a funeral and funeral home...

I think this TAC channel is involving a funeral and other was SWAT, but on TAC 6 they said who we going to notify for the funeral.... I'm recording it all and I'll put it up on YouTube.

Croaker90

Well I didn't see anything on the news, Gus said they might have been training, but they were talking on TAC 2, if they were training wouldn't they be talking on TAC 6 TRAINING UNIFORM?

I will watch the 10 o clock news, and see if they say anything. I'll upload what I got on camera to YouTube.

Heres video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M5tvC_LyIg

I think it was a pratice, he said SCENARIO

Last edited:

nueces162

It was a training exercise/drill. They do them partially to give the rookie street cops a better idea of what a situation really feels like and train them on what to do before the swat-jocks get there as well as how to deploy and what to expect when swat does get on scene. Its the last couple of weeks before the current crop of rookies gets out of the FTO program so expect some more exercises. If it had been real the swat traffic would have been on the swat groups and would have been encrypted. They usually run these just like it was real though complete with a dedicated dispatcher and all, good training for the dispatchers too. The "officer down" that is wounded, pinned down, loosing consciousness and pleading for help is a good touch that really adds to the realism for everyone involved. Before they start they usually put out on the regular talkgroups to ignore traffic on Tac 2 that its only a drill, and then repeat that info every few minutes. As to whatever was on the other tac group, may have been for the current class, they do their own scenarios and drills from the middle to the end of the academy.

gus426

Premium Subscriber
I've heard plenty of real swat call outs that were unencrypted...if they are doing that its news to me..

Gus

Status
Not open for further replies.