Correction its not Mobile but Birmingham, Al

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
ok gang. I was told by my mother-in-law that it was Birmingham not Mobile that my reside in.

So I will be going to I-55 to Jackson. From Jackson to Birmingham. Unless anyone has a better Choices.

As in the other post. I am looking for help gathering info on 2m and 70 cm Repeaters along the route. I will also be scanning the various directory. Hopefully they will not be out of date (which the main reason I ask on the Radio Reference site. Cause I know you guys and gals have the most up to date info out there).

Again thanks for the help.

red8

I-55 does not go to Birmingham you would have to pick up I-20 in
Jackson, I-20 East. Where are you leaving from? Never mind I see
you live in the Show Me state. But watchout around Dyersburg in
the Volunteer state(Tennessee) the Highway Patrol's is notorious
for running a speed trap .

Last edited:

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Speed traps

red8 said:
I-55 does not go to Birmingham you would have to pick up I-20 in
Jackson, I-20 East. Where are you leaving from? Never mind I see
you live in the Show Me state. But watchout around Dyersburg in
the Volunteer state(Tennessee) the Highway Patrol's is notorious
for running a speed trap .

I-55 doesn't go thru Dyersburg....that's US 51...I-55 comes outta Missouri into Arkansas

Still gotta watch out for all the construction around the 25 mile marker....alotta lane changes.....AR Highway Police will be enforcing traffic laws.......and fines double in active construction zones.

Also slow down around mile marker 14......Marion PD shoots radar around the 10

Also saw one our new ASP Dodge Chargers running radar between the 4 & the bridge.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Most of the scanner info for the MS section as far as 2 Meter is listed on individual County pages... Best route once you hit Jacktown (Jackson) is to roll I-20, watch out for the Stack Interchange (I-55/I-20 East) in Jackson as MHP, and JPD rolls hard around there.... Also watch for the construction always taking place on I-20 in da Bamma where they also do the DOUBLE FINE for speeding in a construction zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.