Corrupt SD Card? I am already getting pissed at the 436hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
So far the 436hp has been nearly impossible with my Mac ... so I bought a cheap used Windows 7 machine. Now the two SD cards are corrupt. I have cleared the User Data half a dozen times each, formatted them and I cannot get the damn SD card to uncorrupt, even following their instructions.

I am sure this scanner is fantastic, but it is about 10 minutes from being run over with my truck.

Any suggestions on how to get the damn SD card to work is appreciated. Thanks

sefrischling

I have now tried three brand new, out of the box, micro-SD cards, not one of them works. I am constantly trying to clear user data in Sentinel on Win 7. NOTHING. They all say the card doesn't work, clear the user data.

The scanner worked with the SD when I got it out of the box, when I went to load my systems is when this all started. Now every card, total of four (original card, three new ones) don't work. I have tried connected to the scanner, tried via card reader, nothing.

What the hell am I missing, this should not be this damn hard to just load the freakin' systems and use the radio.

sefrischling

NFR85

Thanks, I have tried that with four separate SD cards, three new out of the package. After I unplug he scanner I never get to enter the zip code ... it just immediately displays - "SD Card Fire Error Use Sentinel "Clear User Data" operation to initialize SD Card"

sefrischling

NFR85

Just tried the forced writing with three cards, all still result in "SD Card Fire Error Use Sentinel "Clear User Data" operation to initialize SD Card"

NFR85

NFR85

Just tried the forced writing with three cards, all still result in "SD Card Fire Error Use Sentinel "Clear User Data" operation to initialize SD Card"

Where Did you buy the scanner? Try calling the company you got it from and explain your situation I'm sure they would be more than happy to help you. I know alot of people have had SD card problems and I'm sorry your frustrated and I hope everything works out

LiquidPandora

ATTENTION MAC!.. The reason you have so many issues is that no a single person cares about you Mac!... But the Love PC !!.. so much the entire world has Embraced PC... Get a clue and you will understand why i's nearly impossible.. there just isn't any support. and no demand for the same. That would be my guess Mac.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Don't pay much attention to the Mac posts, but I thought someone posted that their MAC would corrupt the cards a and could not use them later with a PC.

Might search for some MAc issues - or get a new card and never try it with a Mac untill you read what others have done.

sefrischling

phask

I yanked the batteries for just over an hour and somehow magically the scanner is working just fine now. I have no idea what the heck happened in that hour, it makes no sense what-so-ever.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I think Admin should put up in capital letters somewhere the order to not use a Windows designed product on some other operating system because it might just cause more than a few problems as it has.

LiquidPandora

I think Admin should put up in capital letters somewhere the order to not use a Windows designed product on some other operating system because it might just cause more than a few problems as it has.

I get Rather tired of hearing it also...:roll:

sefrischling

If you read on, you'll see I went out and bought a Windows 7 laptop yesterday specifically to try and deal with the 436hp. Running the Win 7 machine, with multiple brand new, out of the package, micro-SD cards I had the same issue. I was running Sentinel and ARC 536 on the Win 7 Gateway laptop.

The issue for some odd reason only resolved after I yanked the batteries for an hour. Once I did that, the 436hp started working normally. Makes no sense at all.

Now to figure out the use of this scanner as it is quite different than the 346xt/396xt

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I yanked the batteries for just over an hour and somehow magically the scanner is working just fine now. I have no idea what the heck happened in that hour, it makes no sense what-so-ever.

All it takes is one stuck bit. Doing a hard power reset can fix an amazing array of issues on digital equipment.

Enjoy the radio.

Sent via Tapatalk

buggiecar

W1COD
Premium Subscriber
Hey I'm A MAC user...but not for scanners!

Fact is there is no support for scanning via the Mac...learned this back in the Win 95 Days...so I have a Macbook Pro with Windows 7 Ultimate on a separate partition...and have never had a problem with SD card for any of my scanners..the GRE PSR-800 or the Uniden 436 and 536...for the 536 I have a card reader and use that to update and load with...never an issue...both my Unidens do what they are supposed to do with the exception of the stupid 536 and the wireless dongle...useless..so far.

sefrischling

Buggie,

I have kept a Windows 2000 Dell Latitude for years simply to program radios. The laptop ceased to have any other function in 2001, just program radios. I can program the Baofeng radios off Mac. I have found I can program the 346/396xt off the Mac (although I usually do it all off the Dell). I had read up on the 436hp on Mac ... and it seems whatever issue I had with the scanner wasn't Mac related, it was just some glitch.

Now I have a Gateway laptop simply to program up the radios. Like the Win2K machine, it has one job. If only I could find the origial GRE software and serial number to program the RS Pro 92. I guess the Dell will have to stick around until that radio dies.

Next thing to figure out ... where the hell is the "scan" button on the 436hp? Who removes the button that has one function of "scan" on scanner?

mrkelso

I have an intel based iMac mid 2011 model with the latest and greatest in OSX and Parallels. Now that i have it all figured out, i have no problems reading, writing or VC with the 536HP and 436HP. I also never had a problem with my 996XT or 996T. Works great. Yes at first i was screwing up cards left and right and had to rely on SD Formatter to get me out of a jam. Big learning curve that is still teaching me. :)

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
If you read on, you'll see I went out and bought a Windows 7 laptop yesterday specifically to try and deal with the 436hp. Running the Win 7 machine, with multiple brand new, out of the package, micro-SD cards I had the same issue. I was running Sentinel and ARC 536 on the Win 7 Gateway laptop.

The issue for some odd reason only resolved after I yanked the batteries for an hour. Once I did that, the 436hp started working normally. Makes no sense at all.

Now to figure out the use of this scanner as it is quite different than the 346xt/396xt

I knew that from reading your post. I'm sorry if you took my reply to the last few posts above it to be a comment directed at you specifically.

It wasn't.

Its just that I've seen so many people having problems all due to trying to run a Windows program on a non-Windows platform. Half the messages here would not be if they had done it the way they're supposed to, or at least it seems like that many.

To those who have said or will say they did it fine, one word, lucky.

This scanner is beyond difficult to learn but its also a whole lot of fun and works great. K4DPS's videos are an immense help and I've gone back over and over again to watch them.

Status
Not open for further replies.