Corrupt Sd Card

mciupa

A frozen screen or no connection.

Perhaps it is better to let us know what you are experiencing.

blues222

A frozen screen or no connection.

Perhaps it is better to let us know what you are experiencing.
I monitor 2 scanners my problem is when receiving a P25 phase 2 system" Moswin" , my other unit receives the talkgroup and my ws 1080 dosn't and the talkgroup and site are in both units. When i turn it off and back on the ws 1080 it will receive it for awhile, then I have to turn it off and on again. the ws 1080 receives everything else I have programmed in it. Also the mico sd card this the origanal card 10 plus years old as EZSCAN on it.

Last edited:

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Multicast/simulcast distortion is another possibility and these scanners do not handle it well or it could be a hardware issue, I doubt it is a micro sd card issue. but you can try to do disk error checker in windows, then reformat and reload your configuration and report back.

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
I bought a SanDisk 4gb,class 4.
I think that's what Uniden normally supplied with their scanners however they've increased theirs to 8GB most likely due to availability or users wanting to record more. Not sure what Whistler normally supplies.

blues222

Multicast/simulcast distortion is another possibility and these scanners do not handle it well or it could be a hardware issue, I doubt it is a micro sd card issue. but you can try to do disk error checker in windows, then reformat and reload your configuration and report back.
I dont have any of those issues

blues222

I dont have any of those issues
John. at Whistler company suggested new sd card because I have a original ezsan sd card 10 years old too.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
John. at Whistler company suggested new sd card because I have a original ezsan sd card 10 years old too.
You have issues with reception by your own admission in this thread.
Apparently you don't like my answer that really could be the cause of your issues so, you won't even consider or try the ones you can do right from your PC?
But what do I know, I have only helped hundreds of people with their whistler scanner issues.

If you change your mind and want help I would also try reinstalling the cpu firmware.
if a firmware reinstall and disk error fixing or a new card do not fix your issue then send it back to whistler for hardware repair.

blues222

You have issues with reception by your own admission in this thread.
Apparently you don't like my answer that really could be the cause of your issues so, you won't even consider or try the ones you can do right from your PC?
But what do I know, I have only helped hundreds of people with their whistler scanner issues.

If you change your mind and want help I would also try reinstalling the cpu firmware.
if a firmware reinstall and disk error fixing or a new card do not fix your issue then send it back to whistler for hardware repair.
Ok help