Corsair Fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg6nlw

Railroad & Ham Radio Extrodinare
Premium Subscriber
I have a couple of Corsair Model #CO-9050016-BLED fans. Can they be rewired to work off a normal power supply? If so, what’s the cable layout considering there are just 3 cables?

Regards,

-Frank C.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
I don't see why not. I don't know exactly what the plug or wires on the fan look like, but often enough they are the same red, yellow and black arrangement you'll see on most other items, i.e. molex connectors, sata connectors, and so on. Used to be not that uncommon to see an extra fan or two hacked into a case by clipping the end off of something like a floppy power connector and using it to power a fan directly if it had a motherboard connector, but no more places on the motherboard to plug it into. Should just need 12v and ground.

If it were me though, I wouldn't just randomly clip anything though, I'd get something like a sata power extension/splitter or similar clip that, that way you don't permanently chop your power supply.

Here is a page that shows you the color coding on power supply rails and their voltages. Pretty uniform.

kg6nlw

Railroad & Ham Radio Extrodinare
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for that link! This is just the fans themselves and not any power supply. I was going to hook them up to my own PSU if I could as I'm not going to use them for anything else!

Regards,

-Frank C.

Status
Not open for further replies.