Cortland County Public Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuntEnvy

I noticed the new listings for this system and I thought I'd pass along some info.

It appears that the McGraw fire ops group is listed wrong, or else the Truxton dept. is not using the right one.

It doesn't make sense that it would be out of order, so I'm going to guess that the Truxton dept. was on the wrong channel (which also doesn't seem possible since the name would display on their radio) or they were just using it for the time being for some reason.

Just a bit of a heads up.

AuntEnvy

Update...

It does appear that Truxton was using the McGraw channel for some reason.

I'm not sure why or how but I now hear McGraw on their designated channel and I haven't heard Truxton on it.

Just thought I'd pass this along and keep people updated and aware. ;)

AuntEnvy

Another update to the update...

Apparently the aforementioned FD Ops TG's issue has not been resolved.

Both depts. are labeled as having/using the McGraw group.

They have calls in to comm coord to get it fixed.

snplw

I hear on the local Homer radio the system is to go live today. I updated my Home Patrol yesterday, or at least I think I did. Do I need to d/l the page of Talk Groups also or are they automatically included in the d/l of the overall system?

Thank You

AuntEnvy

I hear on the local Homer radio the system is to go live today. I updated my Home Patrol yesterday, or at least I think I did. Do I need to d/l the page of Talk Groups also or are they automatically included in the d/l of the overall system?

Thank You

I believe you can select all from the Cortland list and the whole system should load, at least the ones that have been posted to the database that is. ;)

bobo116

Go to your local Radio shack for any new info needed, programing information, and supplies. The people there have known and have been trained on this entire system. They also sell the new equipment if you have older scanners. Bring in your old one, they may even buy it from you and use the credit for a new scanner.

AuntEnvy

It would be much easier

to do what I suggested, to which you already have some knowledge doing. It's really quite simple.

Depending on which RS you go to, you could be in for a very long and trying day.

snplw

I have done that and I am only hearing Fire dispatch. No police activity whatsoever. Is that the way it is going to be? Or do I need to change a setting somewhere?

AuntEnvy

Are you saying only fire groups showed up?

Or you have them all but only fire is coming through?

I'm not sure how you selected or "imported" the groups to your fav list but it sounds like you did it correctly or you wouldn't be hearing anything.

So, when you go over to the right area of the box where the choices are, you can either use the ctrl/A on your keyboard or right click for a popup box/menu and select all at the bottom. Then add it to your list the same way you did the fire group.

If you have everything selected properly then I'm not sure why you wouldn't be hearing it...

snplw

On Sunday I made an entire new Fav list just to be sure I did do it correct. I added all the channels I figured I would use in addition to the ones I had, turned it on to be downloaded to my home patrol. Did not do that the first time. Everything was fine Sunday night, then when they went to new system, all I am hearing is the fire dispatch on the 46.08 and the 453.xxx. Plus my other 2 counties I listen to. That is why I ask were the updated freq's not in the 1/8/2014 db? Or has the city/county/state all gone incognito now? Looking at radio ref I didn't think so esp with a home patrol radio.

Thanks again, AuntEnvy

snplw

I put it in, But the only thing in there was testing and simulcast. Still just fire, Homer went out with the Troopers and I heard no talk with them. I have re-read the manual and I believe I am doing everything correctly.

snplw

Sunday, according to Cortland County's page it is 1/8/2014. And when I go to update on it says I have the latest update, even though on the lower left corner the date shows 913/2013.

snplw

Yes I am there is a date in the lower left corner that shows last update.

AuntEnvy

Hmm...

And you're updating the database not the firmware?

I don't have that when I update the database.

Did you buy the extreme upgrade version of the software?

snplw

Mmmm, Yes to DB

Yes to the Extreme Version

Guess when I hit update database something isn't working right.

AuntEnvy

Ahhh...

That explains it. I don't have extreme so I'm not sure about any details there.

Seems to me it shouldn't have any bearing on the creation of fav lists but I can't be certain of that. I can't imagine it would be that much different. It sounds like there is another issue there because you know how to do it but it just ain't accepting it.

I still would not go to radio shack. Among other reasons for not going there, which don't have to do with this particular topic, your issue appears to be with the software. And I don't imagine they would have sentinel loaded up (with extreme version) ready to go, just to help the occasional customer who might come in.

Have you posted this issue in the software or HP forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.