Coshocton County EMS goes live on MARCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

crescue

Premium Subscriber
We just converted over to MARCS. Now the issue we have is anyone with a scanner that is P25 capable wants the information to input into their scanner to listen. We also have plans to do this for each station to forgo the cost of a radio base station. I have contacted MARCS and they say they have no idea what information we need. Anyone out there give us any ideas on how to obtain this info?

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
We just converted over to MARCS. Now the issue we have is anyone with a scanner that is P25 capable wants the information to input into their scanner to listen. We also have plans to do this for each station to forgo the cost of a radio base station. I have contacted MARCS and they say they have no idea what information we need. Anyone out there give us any ideas on how to obtain this info?

Your post is very vague in details. I'm not sure what you are asking.
Are you saying you want to put a "scanner" in each station, instead
of an actual MARCS capable two-way radio?

Please try to be a little more coherent so we can help you.

crescue

Premium Subscriber
CCEMS and MARCS

I thought I was very clear. YES, we are going to install a P25 scanner in each station. We are told if we go with a base we get the 20 dollar charge for the radio. If we have a scanner LOCKED on our talkgroup we believe this will enable us to listen to other vehicles on runs within the county. Our system is paged off of VHF and UHF. Our old system was based on these 2 frequencies. Page over both and do operations from UHF. We have been tweeking this sytem for 5 years and made the decision to go 800 for state wide coverage since we not only do 911 but out of county transports. We also want this information to supply to our employees to input into their personal scanners. They can hear the dispatch message but after that ops goes 800. We are trying to come up with a cost effective alternative for our stations to hear traffic without having to have the repeaters turned on and running our batteries in vehicle at critical low levels even with shorelines. We are thinking about requesting a patch via our com center. Washington twp in the county south of us are currently in a trial perior to crosspatch over 33.98 to MARCS. No word as of this time. Any help will be appreciated.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
All of the information on the MARCS system with tower sites, frequencies and talkgroups are located in our database here.

For a list of digital capable scanners, you can search our wiki for the model that would best suit your needs. Category:Digital Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki

You program in the control channels of all MARCS sites in and around Coshocton County for best coverage.

Furthermore, with the right software and premium subscription to this site, you can use the web import
feature of the software to download directly from our database to create a file to upload directly to your scanner.
No manual programming is needed when taking advantage of these features.

Last edited:

crescue

Premium Subscriber
Database

The Coshocton County EMS talkgroup isn't in the database yet.

This was my fear. I spoke with MARCS and they said they really don't know what information to hand out to us to enable our scanners to pick up our talkgroups. Any ideas are appreciated.

crescue

Premium Subscriber
This was my fear. I spoke with MARCS and they said they really don't know what information to hand out to us to enable our scanners to pick up our talkgroups. Any ideas are appreciated.

Another issue I am interested in is how does one go about setting up the online scanner listening. This is a delayed system but better than nothing especially when your members are having cows about the price of a scanner..

mdulrich

Feed Provider
Talk to the people who installed and programmed your radios. They should have the information in their computer for the talkgroup numbers. Their information will be in hex so it will need to be converted for entry into the scanners. If you get the hex numbers somebody here will be happy to convert it for you.

If you can't get it that way somebody with a scanner can pick the information up while searching for new talkgroups by keying up a MARCS radio.

Mike

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Talk to the people who installed and programmed your radios. They should have the information in their computer for the talkgroup numbers. Their information will be in hex so it will need to be converted for entry into the scanners. If you get the hex numbers somebody here will be happy to convert it for you.

You'll also need to know which hex code goes with what talkgroup name, for example:

16 EMS DSP = A33 (or whatever)
16 EMS TAC = A34 (or whatever)

crescue

Premium Subscriber
CCEMS and MARCS

If you can't get it that way somebody with a scanner can pick the information up while searching for new talkgroups by keying up a MARCS radio.

Mike

1.EM16E730
2.AD16E730
3.HOS-1601
4.FD16-003
5.FG16-003
6.SO-16

OK, this is what MARCS programmed as the primary and operations talkgroups for CCEMS 1 and 2. 3 is Coshocton County Memorial 4 and 5 are Coshocton FD and FD Tac and 6 is the Coshocton County S.O. interop channel. The control channels are posted on the site that's the easy part. Anyone out there know how to convert these to Hex?

ibagli

You can't convert those to talkgroup numbers. Those are just the descriptions. I'll listen in case any of them affiliate with any of the sites in Licking County, though. I can't (usually) get anything in Coshocton County (I could never get anything conventional, either). The Hospital and SO mutual aid talkgroups are already in the database.

crescue

Premium Subscriber
Ok, Thanks for your help. If you need I can do extended 5 counts if your trying to lock in on the frequency. It's no problem to do this on our primary or ops channel. Let me know and I'll give you my county cell number to coordinate the process.

ibagli

I think I got one: 53744. All I heard was "station 2 acknowledge call." If that's it, would it be the primary or operations talkgroup?

Last edited:

crescue

Premium Subscriber
EMS ops is going to be a little harder to capture. Unless we do the 5 count. We are in the middle of a learning curve not only for EMS but for dispatch. They just installed a totally new console which is really taxing there staff. Lots to learn with all the touch screen sfuff. let me know what you want to try from my end.

ibagli

Unfortunately, it's unlikely that I'd be able to get anything. I only got two unrelated pieces of traffic on the primary channel last night, so I think it's hit-and-miss whether or not they're hitting the St. Louisville site.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
1.EM16E730
2.AD16E730
3.HOS-1601
4.FD16-003
5.FG16-003
6.SO-16

OK, this is what MARCS programmed as the primary and operations talkgroups for CCEMS 1 and 2. 3 is Coshocton County Memorial 4 and 5 are Coshocton FD and FD Tac and 6 is the Coshocton County S.O. interop channel. The control channels are posted on the site that's the easy part. Anyone out there know how to convert these to Hex?

3 and 6 are already in the database; if someone in your area with a scanner can search while you key up your radio you could get the talkgroup codes pretty quickly.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I think I got one: 53744. All I heard was "station 2 acknowledge call." If that's it, would it be the primary or operations talkgroup?

If (big if) that's EMS Dispatch, then Tac is very likely 53760.

Now you just need to get the Coshocton FD talkgroups.

rhaasjr

Tgid's found.

The gentleman who started this thread was in the shop last night with his Motorola handheld. He would transmit on the different MARCS groups while I did an ID search of the system using a Bearcat 396XT. We were able to confirm the two talkgroups believed to be in use by EMS (53744 and 53760) and also were able to capture the two talkgroups used by Coshocton Fire on the MARCS system. Here they are for anyone interested. This info has been submitted to the database also.

53744 - Coshocton County EMS Primary
53760 - CC EMS Ops
53808 - Coshocton Fire Primary
53824 - CC Fire Ops

These would match up with channels 1, 2, 4 and 5 in crescue's post from 12-4-09.

Status
Not open for further replies.