Cosmetic Factory Defect on TRX-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelev

Hello,

This is my first message here.

I purchased a TRX-1 from Zip Scanners on 7/23 and received it on 7/27.

Unfortunately, the "Arrow Key" has some tiny spots where paint is missing causing the backlight to shine through. See image.

This is a minor thing, but that's not the point. This is not something I should have to accept from a brand new item that costs over $500.00.

Unfortunately, the seller will not exchange it unless I pay a 10% fee. Yes, I have to pay the fee!!

I also sent a message to Whistler, but they never replied.

Since the seller will not exchange the item, will Whistler cover this cosmetic defect under the warranty?

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Thanks.

Frank

PVItOJ1l.jpg

Zelev

Thanks. Whistler Support has already replied to me via "Conversations."

DJ11DLN

The manufacturer's warranty should cover it; buying it through a retailer rather than direct doesn't void that. By all means send it back...one of the rest of us will then buy it at a discount in the next "scratch & dent" sale!

This is how mine is looking after 2 years of heavy use, mostly portable outside, sliding in and out pocket and bag.
Mind the display screen also, it will scratch very easy.
The TRX-1 is a fine scanner and performs well, but keypad, display screen and housing for sure needs a more ruggedised design for a high-end scanner.
Not much has changed in scanner design over the last 25 years. A real glass touch-screen on a future TRX 1000 will bring scanning to the 21th century...

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Mind the display screen also, it will scratch very easy.
The TRX-1 is a fine scanner and performs well, but keypad, display screen and housing for sure needs a more ruggedised design for a high-end scanner.

It helps to get a cell phone screen protector for the screen only a couple of dollars if you do it yourself or about $15 if you take it to a cellphone store and have them do it. My screen protector has been on there for years and I too use it mobile, traveling, indoors a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.