Cosmos Movie SDR Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Just saw a film tonight called 'Cosmos" (2019) about 3 guys who make terrestrial contact with a source in space. They are parked on top of a hill (in UK) with laptops, SDRs, antennas, transceivers, satellite dishes. Has anybody seen this film and have you identified the software/equipment they are using? The SDR had a nice oversized speed dial with a dimple in it, real nice SDR GUI on their laptop. Nice audio equipment and mixer. Hope someone here knows! Thanks!

NebraskaCoder

No idea but good movie. I just watched it. Thanks for the movie recommendation. I can say that I don't recognize the OS. The OS also seems to be dramatized as this is Hollywood. I haven't come across an OS that can measure the remaining battery levels down to the second. Even down to the minute is pushing it as you normally see an estimation towards the end. I would assume that the software was made up for this movie. I may have missed the SDR dongle but I didn't see them show it.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Never know, there are quite a few SDR programs out there, it is possible one of the crew supplied an SDR radio for the set.

Status
Not open for further replies.