Cottle WVIRP Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
I've been hearing some rumors down here of a new WVIRP Site that's supposed to be built within the next six months. It will be located right behind my house on Cottle Knob near Craigsville, WV. This site is located in Nicholas Co. in central WV. Just wondering if any of you guys have heard anything else on this? There is also a mention of some others but supposedly this one will be built before the others. If one gets built here, it will have coverage all over central WV. It might even reach as close as Charleston just have to wait and see. If I hear anything else about this I will post it.

73s

Chad

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Since I can get summersville easy,bet I might be able to get that new tower if it ever comes up,will be interesting to see if it gets active whenever it goes live,thanks for that info Chad!

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Cottle Site

Since I can get summersville easy,bet I might be able to get that new tower if it ever comes up,will be interesting to see if it gets active whenever it goes live,thanks for that info Chad!

I'd say you won't have any trouble getting it in Fayetteville at all. That is a "hot spot" down there. I was amazed the first time I was there by what all I could receive. I will try to keep everyone posted if I hear anything. So that neans that our agency (NIcholas Co.) will be doing some digital transmissions when everything gets going. There is classes we have to take on how to use the digital radios.

Seems odd that the Cottle Site will be built before the Webster Site even goes active. But the Cottle Site will have more use I'd say.

73s

Chad

Status
Not open for further replies.