Could somebody help

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatjohn

Premium Subscriber
I just bought BCD996P2 and have no clue how to program the darn thing. :( I thought I could just download the data from RR into the scanner, but nothing seems to work. Please bare with me, I am a rookie at this. It's a little frustrating as I can tune in to Broadcastify for free and listen there, but several hundreds of dollars later I cannot program this thing! Could somebody help me? I am missing something for sure.

whatjohn

Premium Subscriber
I am in Montreal, but I know that I cannot listen to the SPVM. I am trying to program for the Longueuil PD. I can speak French, mais pas super. :p Thanks for the very prompt reply!

quebecradioguy

Quebec Database Admin
Database Admin
Im on my way to florida, ill be back in second week of january when i get back i will be happy to help you programming your scanner im located on the north shore of montreal . You can pm me for more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plaws

Premium Subscriber
If you will download the beta version of Freescan, its set for the 996p2 scanner. Click this link: Downloads - Sixspot Software then the 2.18 b6 file. Then you can set your RadioReference id's and download an import.

Note that you'll need to be a "premium" subscriber to RR for the download to work.

Also, IIRC, Longueuil's PD is ProVoice, so you will need to purchase a "key" from Uniden to unlock that feature. This has only been supported in the BCD996P2 (and BCD325P2) since the latest firmware came out, literally, in the last week or two. So you need:

• Freescan (I believe the Beta version noted has the P2 support)
  • RR Premium subscription
  • Latest firmware from Uniden
  • ProVoice key from Uniden

whatjohn

Premium Subscriber
Aha, Provoice might be the key to my problem...

Hey thanks for the info. I have Freescan, and have imported as Premium, I do not, however, have that ProVoice key from Uniden...I think :( I looked into that yesterday and couldn't find how to download, or buy, that Provoice key. I will keep on searching. I had it all setup by a company...I guess they forgot to install the Key, unless it's on there. Anyway, blahblahblah, I will re-install Freescan today, and re-import everything.

Thank you very much for the help.

whatjohn

Premium Subscriber
got it!

OK, well, I think I got everything I need. Provoice, freescan, update, RR. Thank you everyone for your help. Hopefully I will get this thing working soon. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.