Could someone explain to me what the new updates for the 500 mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhalld38

Fixed CCDump output for EDACS message pairs for 3rd party software
compatibility.

- Improved reliability of the NAC display within the TSYS Analyze mode.

- Changed P25 TSYS Analyze LCD display to increase readability against
publicly available system data. ("HHH" = Hex, "DDD" = Decimal):

To: "Sy:HHH RDDD SDDD"

Could someone tell me what this all means...I know it's an update...but does it have to do with upgrading the performance of the 500 or do I get to read the display more clearly?

mikey60

rhalld38 said:
Fixed CCDump output for EDACS message pairs for 3rd party software
compatibility.

- Improved reliability of the NAC display within the TSYS Analyze mode.

- Changed P25 TSYS Analyze LCD display to increase readability against
publicly available system data. ("HHH" = Hex, "DDD" = Decimal):

To: "Sy:HHH RDDD SDDD"

Could someone tell me what this all means...I know it's an update...but does it have to do with upgrading the performance of the 500 or do I get to read the display more clearly?

CC Dump:

The PSR-500 and PSR-600 have a CC Dump feature that will output the data coming from a trunked system control channel or SAME transmission. In this case, the EDACS control channel data being output had errors that have been corrected.

P25 Analyze Mode:

This is a mode with working with a P25 TSYS option that allows you to see information about the site being analyzed. The NAC change makes it so that the radio decodes the NAC being used on that control channel better than it previously did.

The Site information for a P25 control channel has been changed from a HEX format to a decimal format, these numbers will now match what the RR database shows (i.e. a site shown in the RR database as 219 will now show up as "Sy:796 R002 S019" on the fourth line (Sy shown is for the MPSCS and will change depending on the system you're monitoring).

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.