• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Could someone please help me with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_M

You have to use the custom tables in this situation. They are used to specify the Voice Channels. This is an analog system.

1. Program the channels listed.

2. Set up the Custom tables. (Not sure what the offset should be)

2. Set all fleetmaps to 00.

3. Program in Talk Groups.

Last edited:

Caddop22

Thanks for the reply. I am using a PRO-95 and was wondering if the fleetmaps are set at 00 by default? Also is the custom table the same as PGM TRUNK FUNC 2?

I appreciate the help.
K

John_M

Your in luck. You should get a cable and download Win95. Makes programming alot easier. I am not familiar with the Pro95 user manual so I can't tell you how to program it by hand.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
A single table is all that is necessary. It can be set up from the keypad. The Pro-95 does not have a multi-table ability.

It is not a digital system, so the 95 will work on it.

The missing number is probably 380. If in fact that is correct please submit it back along with what is being used as a Control Channel.

Caddop22

The control channel is 407.1500 for this system.

The problem I am having is that the my PRO-95 will not let me input the Step, it stays at 00.0KHz. I have been trying to figure this out all day......... I did input 380 for the offset.
I can hear traffice when I manually scan the TGID's, but won't pick up when in scan mode.

Any Ideas why this is happening?

Thanks much for all the input,
K

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Caddop22 said:
The control channel is 407.1500 for this system.

The problem I am having is that the my PRO-95 will not let me input the Step, it stays at 00.0KHz.
K
When the prompt is on step, use the Up/Down buttons to make the setting.

Caddop22

fmon,

This is what I have been trying to do but it does not adjust, I only get the keypad error beep. I went exactly by the instructions posted here and in my manual.

I still can't get the Step to adjust.

Do you know how to completely clear the Base Frequency and the Offset so I can basically start over with this?

Thanks for the help,
K

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I'm confussed about the error beep, it may be that you didn't press ENTER after keying in the 380 Offset setting. The prompt should be on the S on the bottom line to make the up/down changes. Then you need to press ENTER a third time.

Caddop22

fmon,

Thanks for the reply. The S on the bottom is flashing, but still when I use the up/down buttons all I get is a beep each time I press them. No change to the Offset.

I really don't understand why it is doing this.......

I have:

Base Freq. :
Offset: 380
Step: 00.0KHz

I just can't change the Step for some reason. Any ideas on this?

Thanks,
K

Caddop22

This problem was solved a few weeks ago.

I purchased the RS cable (20-047) and used the win95 software.

I input the step to 25.0KHz in win95 and it worked. As I was told there is no way on earth to set the Step manually when it reads 00.0KHz on the scanner.

There was some concern that the scanner itself might be defective, and I am happy to say it is not.

Thanks to all that replied....

K

Status
Not open for further replies.