Country Sheriff Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

fog

Premium Subscriber
I've got Hillsborough Country in my radio (155.52). They'll routinely call in a street address, but never say what town/city they're in. Short of recognizing addresses, is there any way to know what town/city they're in?

(Anyone else notice the female night dispatcher's attitude? She was downright hostile the other night.)

ctrabs74

hoser147 said:
They may have it broken down into patrol districts(zones) to were a patrol car covers certain villiages or towns.........hoser147

It's been 11 years since I've lived up there, but IIRC, the Hillsborough County SO primarily dispatches for the smaller towns as opposed to doing actual patrol services. Most of the towns in the county do have their own police departments (with a couple of exceptions, I'm sure); Nashua (Moto), Manchester (EDACS) and Goffstown (EDACS) dispatch off their own TRS networks; Milford, Amherst, Wilton and Mont Vernon are part of the Milford Area Communications Commission (back in the day, I think it was called Base 500) for police dispatch.

HCSO dispatches Francestown, Greenfield, Greenville, Litchfield (weekends), Lyndeborough, Mason, New Ipswich, Peterborough and Temple.

Most of the other larger towns, such as Hudson, Merrimack, Hollis, Bedford, and Pelham have their own dispatchers.

If HCSO is set up similar to most of the counties down here in Pennsylvania, they probably have a unit identifier that corresponds to the appropriate department to where the call is assigned.

Try Jon Marcel's New Hampshire Communications Page web site:
http://www.geocities.com/jmarcel66/nhcomm.html
Under "Police 10-Codes and State IDs", there's a listing of muni identifiers for all towns and cities in the state. You could possibly use that list as a guide to figure out which department is being reached, assuming HCSO uses that system to identify the departments they dispatch.

Last edited:

PeterGV

K1PGV
To expand and/or clarify a bit on ctrabs74 said above:

When Hillsborough County dispatches a unit, they use a specific unit number. Those unit numbers indicate the town being dispatched. IIRC, 200's are Wilton, 500's are Mont Vernon, 600's are Lydenborough, etc.

Note that the x01 unit (as in 501, 601, etc) are by tradition the call signs of the chiefs of their respective towns.

Note that Amherst now dispatches their own police. Mont Vernon is dispatched at least part of the time through Hillsborough County. MACC base isn't that popular anymore, and concentrates on dispatching for Milford, for a variety of reasons.

Finally, note that a town's PD might be dispatched through Hillsborough, but their fire and ambulance might be dispatched by another location. For example, Lyndeborough PD is dispatched by Hillsborough, their fire is dispatched by SWNH (AKA KMA), and their ambulace is dispatched via MACC base. It makes monitoring "incredibly convenient" -- not!

Peter

ctrabs74

PeterGV said:
Finally, note that a town's PD might be dispatched through Hillsborough, but their fire and ambulance might be dispatched by another location. For example, Lyndeborough PD is dispatched by Hillsborough, their fire is dispatched by SWNH (AKA KMA), and their ambulace is dispatched via MACC base. It makes monitoring "incredibly convenient" -- not!

Guess I'm sorta spoiled down here, as a lot of the Pa. counties dispatch all PD/FD/EMS out of a central location or have most, if not all agencies on a county-wide radio system (trunked or conventional).

HCSO Unit Numbers???

Does anyone have a list of the HCSO unit numbers and what town / agency they correspond to? I know HCSO dispatches several "local" police dept's as well as the Manchester office of NH-DOC, and ofcourse, the sheriff deputies.

Thanks!!!

PeterGV

K1PGV
I can tell you that Hillsborough County dispatches police for Francestown, Greenfield, Greenville, Litchfield, Lyndeborough, Mason, New Ipswich, Peterborough and Temple.

I also know that some of the unit numbers go waaay back to Base 500 days (like 10 or 20 years ago). But the numbers aren't ALL the same as they were historically (some have been re-assigned).

The ones I can tell you for sure are:

300 Francestown (I *think* -- Heard them calling "Francestown 301" just weekend)
500 Mont Vernon
600 Lyndeborough

If the numbers remain from "the old days" they would be (please consider these UNCONFIRMED):

400 Temple?
700 Greenville?
900 New Ipswitch?

At least, that's what's listed in my 1987 Scanner Master guide :)

I'd like to see a comprehensive list, also.

P

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
8AM 03 Aug 2006 155.52R - Dispatch told someone to give "New Boston 104" a call. Peter sz

Status
Not open for further replies.