County maps by state?

Status
Not open for further replies.

md_p97

I was wondering, it RR could add a link to each state in the database that would take you to a map that showed a layout of major routes and identify the counties by name.

I tend to do a lot of weekend driving to/through neighboring states, but have no idea of what counties I will be traveling through. It would be nice to be able to have a visual view of my route so I could download the freq's before I leave.

A clickable link on the individual state pages already displayed would be awesome.

Thanks,

Paul

scanjunkie

n3ncn

It worked fine for me. After clicking the state on next page click on the thumbnail of state in upper left side. It will give a larger view of the counties. Keep in mind ...this is a map of counties in the state..not a countie road map.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I am investigating technologies to provide better mapping.

Remember, we can't just copy maps from other web sites - that information (maps) are very much copyrighted. The maps that we generate today are by using Shape File data from the USGS, and dynamically plotted using an open source mapping technology called MapServer.

I am looking into more clickable and geo-referencing functionality.

LarryN

South Texas DB Admin
Premium Subscriber
I recently traveled several times through Louisiana on I-10. I basically plugged the locations of all the sites for the state trunked system in to Google Earth. I marked the locations and used their maps to figure out the order that I should program them in to my scanner. I was also able to get county information from Google Earth. I was able to kill two birds with one stone. Also the data was available offline while traveling.

md_p97

What is the possibility that the existing drawlings could be made linkable?

I would certainly be glad to fill in all the counties in Maryland.

Perhaps if a small "number" link was enabled in the center of each coounty...I understand they don't show major routes, but I (like others) could visualize approx route layout enough to be able to figure it out.

richrowl

County maps

Generally State Highway maps have county outlines marked. I pick a route thru the state
and then just follow it from county to county. Once the county list is made the RRdatabase is next. In a matter of a few minutes I have all fire , police and other freq information.
Then it is Win-96 and Win-97 to program 4 scanners and I am on the road. I have files saved for every road and route I travel. State highway maps are free and accurate.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
A while back I when I was creating my website "Davids Website. I included a County clickable map for the states of Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Missouri. The counties have linked to some on my site and with Lindsey's permission to some on the Radio Reference's Database.

Heres the address to check it out. http://webpages.charter.net/drfuller/index.html.

All I asked of you is to please sign my guest book and thanks for doing so. Any questions shoot me a PM or e-mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.