county switching to digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabowabo

How will or can you listen to digital feeds?
Sheriff feed will be changing to non public safety By April 2010 due to the county switching to digital.
Will this leave me unable to listen?

kma371

QRT
How will or can you listen to digital feeds?
Sheriff feed will be changing to non public safety By April 2010 due to the county switching to digital.
Will this leave me unable to listen?

Yes, you can listen to digital feeds, as long as they are not encrypted and you have a digital capable scanner.

What do you mean by "non public safety"?

Plus, you give us no idea where you are from, unless you are in Cabo :)
We might be able to help you better if we knew what area you live in. You can change that in the "User CP" link on the top row.

safetyobc

A county in South Arkansas changed to "digital" radios as they call it but it is a Motorola MOTORBO system and cannot be received with a scanner. Though they do not work very well for the department and they usually switch to "analog" before the night is over. The sheriff wants them to use the "digital" so they cannot be monitored.

Also by using this system local agencies cannot hear what the SO is doing and is usually in the dark about what types of calls they have, which in my opinion is not a smart move to isolate yourself from your potential back up.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Nevada County is using NXDN digital {NexEdge) for most comms to avoid monitoring but this also makes them an island in a world of interop. Ouichita County is running both P-25 and analog. I monitor them from Pearcy using 023 DPL when they run analog, which seems to be the majority of the time. Nevada is full time digital most of the time. NXDN is currently unmonitorable.

kma371

QRT
Sorry,, guys, this topic was moved (by me) to the Arkansas forum by accident. It may have nothing or something to do with Arkansas...

Appreciate your input thus far...

Status
Not open for further replies.