countywide similcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
P25 is C4FM modulation. FM has "capture effect", which lets the stronger signal through while muting any weaker duplicates. Under normal circumstances, you will hear the nearest tower.

Yes that's why I would like to see what Tower I am receiving from I live in the mountains in Shingle Springs area I think I'm getting it from the valley just outside of Sacramento area with my 436 I was getting twitchell Island and Sheriff only now with the 100 I get countywide and nothing from twitchell Island

BTW I am straight South of Cameron Park and from my back deck I have a perfect view of Mount Diablo there is one tower out in the Valley area just south of Folsom/Sacramento

I'm thinking it might be Rancho Murieta that's straight in line with Mount Diablo and I have line of sight through that Valley all the way to Mount Diablo Carpenters Peak I think is obscured by the hill across from me

Markinsac

Twitchell isn't on the same frequencies as the county simulcast sites. It is in the 700 band - the simulcast sites are on 800.

Yes I see that now, on the 436 I was getting the sac sheriff and it said twitchell Island but no other cities. Now on the 100 I get countywide I'm not sure at this point what tower I'm seeing, and the audio is not perfect, but I am getting sac City and all the surrounding cities including West Sacramento

Status
Not open for further replies.