Couple of AA county police questions, and The Robbery.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
First one, what is 10-96? In the database it says 10-96 means subject detained, but from how i hear it used on eastern channel, that cant be what it means. Does it mean mentally unstable?

I will ask the questions as i come. I cant remember all of them right now.

OH, before i forget, was anyone listening to eastern district on Tuesday i believe it was, around 3:30ish when they got the call for a stabbing near a nail place on hospital drive. The victim called from a payphone at a nail place. I was already in the area as i was going to get something to eat, so i decided to wait by and look. I pulled into the shell at hospital and crain highway and watched the emergency vehicles fly by. As the police got there, they learned that it was a robbery attempt. The victim described the suspects as 3 homeless folks, one of them in a wheelchair. The victim said they took off towards crain highway, towards Mayo drive (which is right by the intersection of crain and hospital, towards the wal mart). At this point they start setting up perimiter. An unmarked unit comes through the intersection and pulls into the parking lot of the rite aid, which was across the street from me. Next thing i know, i hear on the airway "I got em, at the rite aid! Get me some backup, get me a 10-3!!!" As im watching the officer, his backup starts to fly. Well, as 3-Baker-3 approaches the unmarked officer needing backup (I believe she was the first to arrive at the rite aid) she is coming through the intersection with lights on but no sirens yet....she sounds her siren a few times through the intersection which is when she is tboned by a pickup truck...pretty bad. The whole time i just watch in disbelief. I said to myself, "Oh ____!" I became worried about her due to the hard impact and the fact that she was a female officer. The trucks spun her around 180 degrees, onto a curb right by the officer needing backup and back off of it. The airway was silent....untill eventually, "Im......Im allright..." and she let out a breath. They eventually detained 3 suspects. Of course, i took some pics. I would of taken more, but the place became a nuthouse rather quickly with onlookers, so i decided to get outta there. :roll: On to the pics.

In this pic, you see two of the three suspects. The Third one emerged from the woods in handcuffs right after i took this pic.
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/167066/original/P1010032.JPG

Here, you see the undercover officer that saw the suspects and called for backup. The marked unit immediately to the left of him was the female officer that was struck.
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/167067/original/P1010033.JPG

Im not sure who that woman is....
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/167068/original/P1010035.JPG

The messed up truck
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/167069/original/P1010036.JPG

Here, you get a slight idea of the damage to her car. Its more than the pics show...and her airbags did deploy.
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/167070/original/P1010037.JPG

Just thought i'd share that with yall.

BarnacleBill

Wow

What a nifty post and pictures too! I haven't had a chance to
check out the pics but I will. What timing that you happened
to be in the immediate location.

For what it's worth, that's about 20 minutes before I turn
off of Crain Hwy across from Fire Station 26, just a couple
blocks away.

Glad the bad guys were apprehended and the police officer
was not more seriously injured.

TinEar

From the tone of a couple of the officers right after they responded, there seemed to be more to the story than what was obvious. The so-called "victim" was apparently well known to the police. The claim was that the bad guys stole 20 bucks. There appeared to be some doubt whether this was really a robbery/holdup. It cost the county a police car though through carelessness.

[Edit] I should have mentioned the good job you did with those photos. Great timing! Thanks for sharing them.

What a nifty post and pictures too!

I should have mentioned the good job you did with those photos. Great timing! Thanks for sharing them.

Thanks! I like it when i get awesome opportunities like that. :lol:

And yea, i heard that the victim accused them of stealing 20 bucks. I didn't notice that the police were familiar with him, though.

A funny little note; After the guy in the wheelchair was apprehended, one of the police officers threw a piece of cardboard at him, lol. It was funny to watch.

Anyone know what 10-96 means?

mlevin

Yep 10-96 means crazy person. AA Co, Balto. Co, and MSP all use the same codes.

FYI 10-95 is suspect in custody.

ffjeff1984

Love This post

CapPun-

Excellent Job!!! My question for you would be...The marked white patrol
vehicle(s)...What department has a vehicle that looks like that? :)
I just received a final offer of employment for the Maryland State Police
and Im very tickled about it too... :D

ffjeff1984

Re: Love This post

wadeless28 said:
ffjeff1984 said:
CapPun-
My question for you would be...The marked white patrol
vehicle(s)...What department has a vehicle that looks like that? :)

Ahhh....Anne Arundel County Police.
wadeless28, Your telling me that AACo.PD has two different styles of a patrol car...Thanx

ffjeff1984

dynamitedjs said:
I like the Dodge Intrepid Police car. Can't wait until the Magnum's hit the street.
Dodge Magnums will be a very sweet
patrol car...I cant wait neither

SCPD

QRT
Before I left A.A. County they were just switching to the new two tone color scheme from the white ones you see in the photos. They were also doing a trial of a new uniform to match the cars. I liked the LAPD blue color uniform much better. About 50% of the officers wanted the new uniforms while the rest didn't, those that didn't want the new uniforms thought that we would look too much like the Howard County officers.

B.T.W., we used 10-96 for a mental (crazy) subject and 5-48 if they were only half crazy. :)

TinEar

CapPun, the conversation about being familiar with the victim was on the talkaround channel (12A) which is why you didn't hear it on the primary. When you stop to think about the guy in the wheelchair rolling away from his holdup, it gets funny. Stupidity rules!

scannerman700

CapitalPunishment said:
What a nifty post and pictures too!

I should have mentioned the good job you did with those photos. Great timing! Thanks for sharing them.

Thanks! I like it when i get awesome opportunities like that. :lol:

And yea, i heard that the victim accused them of stealing 20 bucks. I didn't notice that the police were familiar with him, though.

A funny little note; After the guy in the wheelchair was apprehended, one of the police officers threw a piece of cardboard at him, lol. It was funny to watch.

Anyone know what 10-96 means?
You actually seen an AA County
Police Officer threw a piece of cardboard at the gentleman in WheelChair after he was apprehended? Man, what bad conduct especially from a Police
Officer...If he was apprehended and detained already by Police, then what is the purpose would throwing a piece of cardboard at him... I know it is a
little excitement to be close to some kind of a seen like that CapPun :)
Thaniks-Jay

Few things i should specify;

1. He didnt throw it full force, just kinda tossed it.

2. He was behind the man in the wheelchair.

3. I dont think it actually hit him, it mostly hit the chair. If it did hit him, it was nothing really big...

But yea it was pretty cool. Not something you see everyday to see a cop car get creamed. But afterwards i started looking at the traffic and the rest of the people and i was like.... :shock: People get nutty when these kinda things happen. :roll:

scannerman700

CapitalPunishment said:
Few things i should specify;

1. He didnt throw it full force, just kinda tossed it.

2. He was behind the man in the wheelchair.

3. I dont think it actually hit him, it mostly hit the chair. If it did hit him, it was nothing really big...

But yea it was pretty cool. Not something you see everyday to see a cop car get creamed. But afterwards i started looking at the traffic and the rest of the people and i was like.... :shock: People get nutty when these kinda things happen. :roll:
Oh!!!, I see... I agree with you about
seeing that kind of stuff when Im traveling on the roads, It could be a little :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.