Couple of Mil Air finds at Gila Bend

N9JIG

Sheriff
As I was in the Gila Bend area today I heard an inbound (from the Goldwater Range) aircraft "Armor-12" talking to "Armor 11" on 308.675 as he was having landing gear issues. He then contacted the Gila Bend AAF tower on 257.650 and reported an emergency. After safely landing he was switched over to 369.000 to talk to the "Fire Chief".

There was also tactical operations on 316.975 around the same time from other aircraft in the Goldwater Range but I was unable to hear any callsigns.

clover509

Finally caught some brief but weak comms on 316.975 MHz yesterday. BAGDAD and GLADDEN MOAs were very active yand several flights were heard checking into and out of BMGR.

Of note, several contract "red air" ATAC aircraft were out in the BMGR at the same time. I'm wondering if this is maybe a "company" freq for ATAC for coordination? Comms were so brief, I was unable to catch callsigns.

clover509

Update to last: hearing sporadic comms again on 316.975 MHz. ATAC-31 and -32 are up in the southern-most portion of the SELLS 1/LOW MOA.

radio10-8

316.975 is an A2A for ops with the BMGR. So yes, ATAC would be here, I do wonder if they have a dedicated A2A freq.
Just curious as I am always changing this setting, Do you monitor Milair as AM or NAM?

MiCon

Mike
I don't remember what day it was, but sometime last week I heard SNIPER a/a on 316.975 (I'm in the Prescott area). I don't know where they were, or who they were. I know that a USMC squadron out of Yuma use that c/s, but I also have a note that someone from Luke also used it.

Not sure if that helps any, but there it is.