Couple of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmetts

1. Does the "pre-programmed" frequencies include local Ham Radio repeaters?
2. How much does the pro-voice and the DMR (I think that was the other one) upgrades cost, and is pro-voice worth it if I don't regularly go to areas that use it.
3. Can I add frequencies that I know of that may not be in the database?
4. How sensitive is the feature that picks up local, active frequencies...for instance, is it likely to pick up on the handhelds used by schools/hospitals/etc if I am outside of the building?

Thanks in advance,
Ron

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
1. Insofar as they are in RadioReference Database, they will be in the HP Database.
2. $50/$60. Can't speak to whether it will be worth it for you. That is up to you.
3. Yes.
4. It is less a matter of sensitivity than of the signal strength of the target signal vs. all other signals in-band. The target signal needs to be at least 18 dB above the noise floor and all other in-band signals.

marksmith

1. Yes
2. I would recommend using the radio a while and learning it before messing with the extra cost upgrades, which in many places do not enhance the capabilities much.
3. Yes
4. Depends on lots of things but possible.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

rmetts

Thanks

Thank you both for the replies.. I did buy it and love it.. do have 2 issues that I won't retype here, but I posted in another section if you guys could take a look and maybe answer them.. I'm sure they are brain dead simple fixes, but I am not sure..

thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.