HP-1: Couple of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC2001

Jesse
1) How long should the scanner last, on average, with regular alkaline batteries if it is being used (scanning) nonstop? I realize it varies, but I just am hoping to get input from everyone's personal experience.

2) How do I save the P25 filter/Mode/Logging settings under 'Audio Options" on the menu? I keep setting them and then it goes away after rebooting?

3) Speaking of the P25 Filter setting, what is the difference between filter A & Filter B? I do know that they say filter B may work better for Simulcast, but still.

Thanks in advance for the answers provided! :)

Ubbe

1. I only use NiMH and the ones in my HP-1 are stamped 2300mAh and last maybe 4 hours and at most 5 hours. Alkaline are up to 3000mA so that makes it 1 hour more or a little bit longer than that. It seems to be uneconomical to run alkaline in a scanner.

2. I have neither that or the P25 filter setting in my HP-1. Maybe you have a HP-2?

3. That's probably what later became the digital threshold settings in later scanners with 6-7 different settings.

/Ubbe

BC2001

Jesse
1. I only use NiMH and the ones in my HP-1 are stamped 2300mAh and last maybe 4 hours and at most 5 hours. Alkaline are up to 3000mA so that makes it 1 hour more or a little bit longer than that. It seems to be uneconomical to run alkaline in a scanner.

2. I have neither that or the P25 filter setting in my HP-1. Maybe you have a HP-2?

3. That's probably what later became the digital threshold settings in later scanners with 6-7 different settings.

/Ubbe

Okay, thanks for the answers.
As for answer #2: I had to press one of the empty boxes on at the bottom of the screen once I got on the audio menu; then it showed up.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Okay, thanks for the answers.
As for answer #2: I had to press one of the empty boxes on at the bottom of the screen once I got on the audio menu; then it showed up.

#2 - you can't. I think it was kind of a test mode, never officially released.

Status
Not open for further replies.