Couple of SDS200 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

RidgeRunner01

Premium Subscriber
I've scanned thru my manual and maybe I'm missing it, or I'm just stuck in the old days of radio shack scanners. How do I stop my SDS200 and just manualy park it on a system or department. An example would be listening to the local fire department, I just wanted to temporalliy park my scanner there during a call, I couldn't figure it out. "back in the old days" I used to hit the "manual" button and toggle to the channel I wanted, then hit "scan" when I was done.

The last question is if I want to for example search the aircraft band, probably the best way to do that would be using the "search by service" option?

I've used the close call function and have had fun logging some interesting hits.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
For stopping on a channel just tap the channel button bottom right of the display while the channel is active. To restart scan, tap it again.
Here is a link to great page that helps with many such functions: Marks Scanner SDS 100-200
I'll defer the aircraft search to others.

sl215

You can press one of the three buttons under the display. Either the System, Dept. or Channel depending which you want to hold. You can change to a different System, Dept. or Channel by rotating the knob. ie you’re scanning and press Channel once to stop and listen to a fire call. Then press the Channel again to resume scanning.
I don’t believe there is a Service Search option but you should be able to program in bands to save & label under the search group from the menu.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
You can use number tags and go directly to the channel you want and it will be in hold. Example, Channel hold 0.0.29>hold and there you are,
favorite 0, dept. 0, tag #29.

Status
Not open for further replies.