Couple ?s about MCSO 10 codes and map

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokingJoe

Marion county's 10 code "1059 " stands for "Star Reporting".Does anybody know what that means? and also when they have completed thier assignment they use 10 code"1098" then dispatcher responds "go ahead" then the deputy says something alpha numeric .I am thinking that is their out come of the call they just completed...does anybody know how to translate it? And for my last question...does anybody know what map MCSO uses? EXAMPLE (grid xx then usally some letter A-Z) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
now residing in Ocala, Florida since 1999
The M.C. Sheriff’s Telephone Automated Reporting System (S.T.A.R.) Division; has 17 employees, this consists of S.T.A.R. operators and Division Commander. This Division operates 24 hours a day 7 days a week. This is a function which allows deputies, detectives or any officer the ability to phone in reports to an operator directly from the field. The benefits of this system are more accurate reports, timely statistics, management information and easier computer access to law enforcement reports. One major goal of the employees of this Division is to reduce the amount of time an officer spends on paperwork.

This Division is also responsible for the compilation and publication of the Agency’s monthly report/Uniform Crime Reports (UCR) which is used for management purposes and compiled in a yearly report and sent to the FBI for statistical data for the state of Florida.

I personally know an employee of the STAR Division, she has been working there for quite some time. The info I submitted here for you came from the MCSO website, explaining the Division. I hope this helps you to better understand the STAR reporting system.

your friend
Kevin

ps... the grid codes and sector maps are quite hard to come by, even I don't have a copy, and I am friends with MC officers and a member of SWAT. It's not really something that they will give out. You have a much better chance of obtaining the MCSO codes and signals lists than you do in obtaining a final call disposition information packet. I will try to pursue a copy for us to share. I will get back to you.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Kevin, do you know of a map (or a link to a map) of the three main (North, Central, South) district boundaries?

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
Kevin, do you know of a map (or a link to a map) of the three main (North, Central, South) district boundaries?

negative, I wish I did. I will search out a grid map and disposition codes list for the RR Florida forum. It always bothered me that I didn't have the grid map, but not enough to actually pestor my friends for one. I will work on this and get back to you guys. It could take a week or two.

There is a MCFR Fire station location map on the Marion County Fire Rescue website. Go there and click on STATION LOCATOR MAP. But it makes no mention of Sheriff's sectors, grids, or boundries, just fire houses. Interesting map for the "fire buff"

Kevin

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
OK, sounds good. I checked their website from top to bottom and couldn't find a map. Funny how some agencies have no problem divulging their boundaries and others act like it's top secret.

SmokingJoe

MCSO 10 codes and signals

Ive attached MCSO 10 codes and Signals

Attachments

• MCSO 10-Codes & Signals.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 353

ke4wkp

ps... the grid codes and sector maps are quite hard to come by, even I don't have a copy, and I am friends with MC officers and a member of SWAT. It's not really something that they will give out. You have a much better chance of obtaining the MCSO codes and signals lists than you do in obtaining a final call disposition information packet. I will try to pursue a copy for us to share. I will get back to you.

It never hurts to ask the Sheriff. I asked the Sheriff in my county and he emailed me pdf copies of the 10-codes, Dispatch Signals and Disposition codes. Of course where I live the Sheriff has an open door policy. He believes strongly in openness. He will return your calls and even have a cup of coffee with you. Real friendly guy. That's the way it should be everywhere.

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
Marion County Grid-Map books

I had a nice visit from my friend over the weekend, who works for the MCSO STARS reporting system. She brought me a copy of the CALL CLOSE-OUT TYPE CODES... basically the disposition codes for closing a call that the SO responds too. She also brought me a Sector map, which shows the 3 main Sectors for the County. I was very interested in obtaining some information on how the grid maps work, and she informed me that the Sheriff's Office uses a grid map, in the form of a very thick map book. The MC grid map book is almost as thick as a telephone book, and each SO has a copy, as does each dispatcher, and even the STAR reporters... they all have a copy at thier desk. Since its a highly sought after item, it comes with a hefty price. I did some checking yesterday afternoon, and it seems that they are using a standard copy of the official GIS data compiled in a localized USNG (United States National Grid) map book created for the MC area. I believe these grid-map books are published by Thomas Bros.

The pages in the Thomas Guide are part of the Thomas Bros. Maps national Page and Grid layout and their digital mapping system. Each page number is unique within a geographic area, enabling all of us to have precise page information when looking up a city, community, or street address.

To eliminate the confusion associated with map pages that overlap and repeat between different counties, areas or for each map book, the Thomas Bros. Maps Page and Grid assigns a unique page number to each geographical area. For example, page number 698 refers to the exact same area no matter what book you are looking at.

Each book's map pages are numbered using this unique page number instead of by the traditional always-sequential page numbering. This means the first map page in any given Thomas Guide is likely not "Page 1," but is most likely something like "#560," as an example. Refer to the PageFinder map in each guide to see the range of pages covered in that particular guide.

The map Grids are 1/2 mile square, and go from Grid A1 through Grid J7. This gives you the ability to quickly locate cities, streets, addresses, and points of interest. These grids will always appear at the same location on each page. Using the grids, you can also quickly and easily estimate distances.

Page numbers for each Thomas Bros. Maps street guide begin with the lowest map page number, and continue on through the highest number. Each map page is clearly marked in the upper outside corner of the page.

I am awaiting confirmation of the name and publisher of the grid map book she uses, when she returns to work she will send me an email, and I will most likely purchase a copy from a local book store such as Barnes and Noble or maybe even Amazon. This book will provide me with the information I was looking for, as to know where SO's are calling in from, in which sections of the county. It will also help me to figure out where calls are as they are dispatched.

Status
Not open for further replies.