Couple tower pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

zguy1243

Added a AT-197/GR discone to the tower this afternoon. Here are a couple bad quality photos from my phone. Will be posting some high quality photos of the new shack and tower setup soon.

Jody
North Georgia

Last edited:

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Tower

What a super looking tower arrangement!! Sure wish I had the luxury (HOA won't allow it) of having a tower like this. Great job - enjoy the super listening you must enjoy as a result of this tower.

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
man alive I am strictly JEALOUS !!!!!! NICE !!!!

(p.s. - your phone doesn't take "that bad" of a pic)

zguy1243

It is fence post from home depot. The mount is not complete, I am having to add another cross brace back to the tower. It is very instable in its current state. I will post photos of the completed mount. The discone that is mounted there is very heavy, I will try to get good close up and higher res photos posted this weekend.

N8DRC said:
Nice tower, what did you use for the discone stand-off??

matt3320

very nice tower hope you get to injoy it for a long time. I used to have two towers one was like yours
and the other was a roof top tower that was 18 feet tall i used it for beams and the scanner discone for years.

af5rn

LOL, yeah. its down in the aluminum recycling bin if you want it.....
ROFL! Exactly where it belongs! :lol:

But seriously, can you give us some observations on the performance difference between the Scantenna and the discone? If that discone is significantly out performing the Scantenna from like twenty feet lower on the tower, that's something we need to hear!

Who makes that discone?

Status
Not open for further replies.