• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Couple who handcuffed man charged with criminal confinement

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
:lol: What were they thinking....Can you say Lawsuit...

Two people who helped place a man under citizen's arrest when he strayed onto the wrong property found themselves in jail.

Michigan City police received a call Sunday night from a man who said he had been detained by four people while he was trying to find a friend's house. The man told police he was grabbed by two men and told to quit resisting, as he was under arrest. The man said he complied because he thought they were police officers.

Two women then came out of a nearby house and handcuffed the man, although he tried to explain he was just visiting a friend and had taken the wrong staircase, he told police.

The group took the handcuffed man to his friend's house, and released him when the friend vouched for him.

After receiving the report, police contacted Joel and Claudette St. Germain, who acknowledged handcuffing the man. Joel St. Germain told police he has had problems in the past with people stealing things from his lawn. He told officers he didn't know it was wrong to handcuff a man he didn't recognize in his yard.

The St. Germains, who were being held Monday at the LaPorte County Jail, were arrested and charged with criminal confinement, a Class D felony punishable by up to three years in prison and a $10,000 fine, and battery, a Class A misdemeanor which carries a maximum penalty of a year in jail and a fine up to $5,000.

The other two people accused of confining the man were not identified.

http://www2.indystar.com/articles/3/245887-1003-127.html

car2back

We had a similar incident in my home town (Skiatook, OK) where a couple that were fans of the "Dog, the Bounty Hunter" TV show decided to "citizens' arrest" a juvenile they suspected of a burglary that occured in their nieghborhood... the best part is when they snatched the kid off his bike into their van, someone called 9-1-1 to report a child abduction, an officer had them stopped and in custody within 10 minutes :lol:

KOTV story

It's not the educated people or the the fools out there that cause the most trouble, it's the half-educated, half-fools that do. :roll:

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
I'm gonna take a guess that the two in question were old geezers fresh off their easy chairs watching Matlock on TV...:lol:

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
hotdjdave said:
In California, an employer can be charged with the same crime if they don't let their employees use the toilet facilities when they need to do so.
There's so many places I could take this...only in Cali.

STiMULi

phil_smith said:
We had a similar incident in my home town (Skiatook, OK) where a couple that were fans of the "Dog, the Bounty Hunter" TV show decided to "citizens' arrest" a juvenile they suspected of a burglary that occured in their nieghborhood... the best part is when they snatched the kid off his bike into their van, someone called 9-1-1 to report a child abduction, an officer had them stopped and in custody within 10 minutes :lol:

KOTV story

It's not the educated people or the the fools out there that cause the most trouble, it's the half-educated, half-fools that do. :roll:

Throw Mama from the Train?

cristisphoto

Funny story but is it really

LOL
I can't say I blame them...
I mean Crime ESPECIALLY violent crimes has skyrocketed..
By the time you even get 911 to answer the phones the crime has long since since occured..
and the Suspects are LONG OOONE...
therefore Crime will NOT even begin to drop until EACH USA God fearing citizen becomes the law themselves ..
After all it is WE the people RIGHHT!!!!
I say we go back to 1800's posse up arm up and star takin back our country...
and quit dissin those whom at least try to take charge.....
howevr tweaked out LOL:lol: ....
Cause Freedom Aint Free
People have died for our rights...
And well thats all I am going too say...
Warm regards too all
Crista

seamusg

cristisphoto said:
LOL
I can't say I blame them...
I mean Crime ESPECIALLY violent crimes has skyrocketed..
By the time you even get 911 to answer the phones the crime has long since since occured..
and the Suspects are LONG OOONE...
therefore Crime will NOT even begin to drop until EACH USA God fearing citizen becomes the law themselves ..
After all it is WE the people RIGHHT!!!!
I say we go back to 1800's posse up arm up and star takin back our country...
and quit dissin those whom at least try to take charge.....
howevr tweaked out LOL:lol: ....
Cause Freedom Aint Free
People have died for our rights...
And well thats all I am going too say...
Warm regards too all
Crista
The only crime commited here was by the people handcuffing the guy , being lost per say is not a crime. If this is what you want -take the handcuffers out and hang them or the next time your car breaks down shoot you! Also note a citizens arest in Michigan can only be done for a felony and you can't have a weapon.

n4voxgill

Silent Key
cristisphoto said:
LOL
Crime will NOT even begin to drop until EACH USA God fearing citizen becomes the law themselves ..Crista
Now there is a money saving idea. Someone drops paper in your yard, take out your gun and kill him. Then dump the body by the garbage cans so the garbage people pick it up. If you see a homeless person in your neighborhood, kill him quick before any more show up. Yes Crista got it right.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi all,

Considering the circumstances that so called citizen's arrest was unwarranted and the outcome entirely expected. If the "perp" had committed a crime it would have been a different story.

Now just TRY to throw this moma from the train, wonder how she got aboard in the first place. A few more like that and they'll need another locomotive.

Last edited:

cristisphoto

Yeeep

I don't know if I got it right Buut
THe PD is WAY undersatffed,
as well as their dispatch..
I say we need posse's
Except unlike the extremism of racism and what not:roll:

They are doing a similar thing with watching the borders...
And we have a pretty good court sytem
The posse etc would be for detaining and watching where PD.Sheriifs are too busy to do themseleves...
and Of course ANY and ALL captured persons wwould turned over to those sworn in
YA know PD, etc..
Furthemore ANY member of said Posse would be themselves arrested and banned if they took ANY action as far as punishment , etc....
the courts are for that.....

Anyways,,
It;s time to take the streets back, PERIOD!!!

Crista

Oh and that guy ya never know they usually case a residence, business etc bfore they commit...
ssooooo

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
kb2vxa said:
Now just TRY to throw this moma from the train, wonder how she got aboard in the first place. A few more like that and they'll need another locomotive.
Warren, you're great, but you're starting to scare the kids.:roll:

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi again,

Christa, have you heard of the Guardian Angels? They and other citizens neighborhood patrols are in just about every city working with police and everywhere I go I see these Neighborhood Watch signs posted by the city. The cops need all the eyes and ears they can get and they are ours.

Dave, it's SUPPOSED to be vile and you really wouldn't want to get that IN hand, now would you?

Data, if I'm scaring the kids keep them away from the computer, there's far scarier than I here inside the box as you'll see a bit farther down.

Thanks guys, mission accomplished, now clean your cookies and milk off the monitor. Perhaps you can prevent future "accidents" by having your computer warn you of the hazards of it's operation. My boot screen is a horrid looking skull and crossbones with a ballooon caption "WARNING Beyond this point are monsters!" and the Windows "start" sound is the opening theme from The Twilight Zone.

Great laffs but remember, Warren is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. (;->)

cristisphoto

That's my story and I'm stickin to it...

kb2vxa said:
Hi again,

Christa, have you heard of the Guardian Angels? They and other citizens neighborhood patrols are in just about every city working with police and everywhere I go I see these Neighborhood Watch signs posted by the city. The cops need all the eyes and ears they can get and they are ours.

Dave, it's SUPPOSED to be vile and you really wouldn't want to get that IN hand, now would you?

Data, if I'm scaring the kids keep them away from the computer, there's far scarier than I here inside the box as you'll see a bit farther down.

Thanks guys, mission accomplished, now clean your cookies and milk off the monitor. Perhaps you can prevent future "accidents" by having your computer warn you of the hazards of it's operation. My boot screen is a horrid looking skull and crossbones with a ballooon caption "WARNING Beyond this point are monsters!" and the Windows "start" sound is the opening theme from The Twilight Zone.

Great laffs but remember, Warren is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. (;->)
First off sorry about the delayed response I was not online at all yesterday ..
Yeah I've forgotten about the Gaurdian Angels..
They were supposed to help in the Mission district about a year or so ago here in SF..
Buut I have NO idea of the disposition or current state of affairs..
I DO know that last night er this morning there was a shoot out at 1190 Folsom St.
I live in the block of 1000 block of Folsom ..
And there are EVERY daggone Weekend ,
stabbings Fights Loud obnoxious folks whom have no care as that yes the are clubs on Folsom But ttere WAY MORE housing units
and most are NOT low income ....
Over the weekend a Cambodian Immigrant was shot FATALLY in HER own neighborhood whilst getting out of her van
Apparently there too was a gun battle and she was right in the mddle of it.
And I havn'r EVER even seen these Gaurdian Angels ..
They seem to be around when there are camera
But then when there is ACTUAL crime not just some poor homeless guy whom can't foot $2000. for rent these Gaurdian Angels are NO where in sight..

I dunnno
I don't mean to come off as obnoxious myself buuut
I feel that it time for Each citizen to start reacting to the actions of
our streets being litteral war zones..

This is war:
http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/war

lol
Anyways nough rambling from me...
I hope all is well
and I really hope that a change occurs SOMEHOW
caus it aint gonna happen by just sittin on our bums and expectin just to happen..:roll:

Kind regards to ALL
Crista,

garys

Premium Subscriber
STiMULi said:
Throw Mama from the Train?
That would be the AFTER picture!

I edited my reply to take the picture out. My apologies for subjecting anyone to that TWICE! <G>

Gary

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.