Court Bars Microsoft From Selling Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Ubuntu and OpenOffice FTW.

Excellent combination, but few businesses want to accept it. I think in the next year or two that could change a lot. MS Windows, and it's applications, are at a dead end, and are way too expensive.

N

N_Jay

Excellent combination, but few businesses want to accept it. I think in the next year or two that could change a lot. MS Windows, and it's applications, are at a dead end, and are way too expensive.
What percentage of the market do you think OpenOffice will have in 2 years?

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Gee, I work for a major Office Superstore and we are STILL selling MS Word. Gee, guess our corporate office forgot to tell us!

Don't see it happening.

N

N_Jay

Don't worry.

You have until Jan 11, and by then MS will either have payed the company, won in court, disabled XML in an update, or provided new product to sell.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
I'll wager $3.74 to anyone that Microsoft will keep on selling Word. Hmmmm, maybe Microsoft should just shut down Word worldwide! Simple for them to do!

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I'll wager $3.74 to anyone that Microsoft will keep on selling Word. Hmmmm, maybe Microsoft should just shut down Word worldwide! Simple for them to do!

That's already a given, but not in it's current form. MS has been ordered by the court to remove XML which is used to open .XML, .DOCX, and DOCM files.

Status
Not open for further replies.