Cover for PRS 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownlab

Washington DC, Alexandria/Fairfax County /Loudoun
Can anyone recommend a good cover or case for the PRS 800? A cover that may protect the unit from the elements and perhaps help absorb shocks if the unit gets falls or is dropped? Some of the covers I have seen some on line do not accommodate things like a hole for the antenna. Sorry if this issue has been addressed in earlier posts.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I wonder if a mfg might market a rubber/ poly cover like those marketed for dumb phones?
They would sell I'm sure!

n9zas

racin06

Apparently, that review was based upon an old design. I just received the soft case from Scanner Master (as posted by Ohio63 above) a couple of days ago and I like it very much. The soft case has access to all buttons, antenna connector, squelch knob, USB port and the LED on the PSR-800. Also, the scanner display can be read very well while in the case and the scanner can sit upright whilein the case, as well. See my photos below. You will be very happy with the soft case from Scanner Master.

Scanner Master, you should remove that old review because it's causing confusion here on RR and is probably costing you some sales :wink:.

Attachments

• psr800-1.jpg
    psr800-1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 887
  • psr800-2.jpg
    psr800-2.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 692
  • psr800-3.jpg
    psr800-3.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 721
  • psr800-4.jpg
    psr800-4.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 759
  • psr800-5.jpg
    psr800-5.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 659
Last edited:

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I have both the nylon and the leather one. I like the leather one the best. The first time you put it in, its a little snug especially around the BNC and squelch knob.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

pwscott

Premium Subscriber
Leather

Looks like a good fit. The nylon one I got from Scanner Master is a really weird fit and the cover on the front curls up at the sides...looks crappy. It's also hard to attach some BNC antennas at the top as the hole for the BNC mount is a close fit and the thickness of the case material makes it hard to get that last turn onto the mount. I haven't made the hole bigger but will need to I think. If I change antennas in the car it's a pain in the butt.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Interesting, I find that the "Area-51" nylon case is a better build/fit than the leather case due to the curl up problem. Different build batch I wonder?

I wish a nylon cord would be added to the outside of the flap to keep it from curling up.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Interesting, I find that the "Area-51" nylon case is a better build/fit than the leather case due to the curl up problem. Different build batch I wonder?

I wish a nylon cord would be added to the outside of the flap to keep it from curling up.

I've not had the issue of the flap curling up on the nylon case. I do have a problem of the nylon coming apart around the stitching.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.