Covid 19 and Scanning - Any Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

pb_lonny

With all the changes in the world this year due to Covid 19, what changes have you noticed in the scanning hobby?

A few of mine:
- Our local SES frequency has been a lot more active with them helping out with quarantine checks.
- The UHF frequencies for some shops and supermarkets have been a lot more active.
- A number of business frequencies for "non core" businesses have been less busy / dead, this is only now starting to change.

W8WCA

With all the changes in the world this year due to Covid 19, what changes have you noticed in the scanning hobby?

A few of mine:
- Our local SES frequency has been a lot more active with them helping out with quarantine checks.
- The UHF frequencies for some shops and supermarkets have been a lot more active.
- A number of business frequencies for "non core" businesses have been less busy / dead, this is only now starting to change.

SES?

imonitorit

Nothing out of the ordinary on the radio here in Florida. Just the use of "Patient is a Code19, or Code19 advisory on that building" and most facilities bring the patient outside to meet the ambulance and load up.

DJ11DLN

On EMS calls, they will often now include "Patient has a (positive/negative/no) screen" along with type and location of call. When testing first started I would hear State Troopers delivering test kits to the state capitol to be developed but that's stopped. Other than that, lots and lots more Domestic/Civil disturbances and complaints and a definite uptick of stuff on the weirder side of the spectrum, i.e. "Naked male running down the middle of (whatever) road/street" sort of nonsense.

ecps92

I've had the ability to find more business ops, since the School Buses are not hogging the local TRS Channels.

A few of mine:

dragon48

In NYC, as soon as the lockdown started in mid March, lots of dispatch calls for commercial burglaries, (abbreviated to "commercial burg") as local criminals were taking advantage of closed businesses. Much fewer of these calls now, as most businesses are back open.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
For a couple months there, seemed like 25 to 50 percent of the local EMS dispatch was deligated to 'transport request from the local nursing home/old folks home to the neighboring city hospital, C19 positive.' In my neck of the woods, had one big C19 hotspot that they couldn't contain, most likely due to staff severely underestimating it and not following containment protocols, not wearing any PPE, etc. It was pretty big in the news for quite a while. I imagine there will be quite a few lawsuits over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.