COVID-19 Maryland and Federal Response Wiki Page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firebal

Premium Subscriber
At the risk of sounding stupid again, I wanted to gauge what you all thought about creating a Maryland and Federal wiki page to consolidate information on listening to the radio systems used to response to this disaster. While I realize most of this is done on the local level and people are only interested in listening to it on that level I still wanted to ask the question. Hopefully this goes better then my previous attempt to ask this question! :)

maus92

Premium Subscriber
You are free to start a page as a member of RRDB. I do see it as a redundant effort since we are almost at a peak in Maryland, and not much if anything has changed radio resource wise.

firebal

Premium Subscriber
You are free to start a page as a member of RRDB. I do see it as a redundant effort since we are almost at a peak in Maryland, and not much if anything has changed radio resource wise.
I may wait a few weeks and then reassess if it is needed.

firebal

Premium Subscriber
you didnt get the answer you wanted before in the other thead you started so now you want to start another, really.
I'm simply asking the question on a local level as I should have before. I do recognize that my question may not be valid and that it may be bad taste to ask a question again.

Last edited:

Xray

There have been local [state] covid threads here for weeks, not sure how a wiki page would be an improvement over them considering specific traffic is pretty spotty.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
There have been local [state] covid threads here for weeks, not sure how a wiki page would be an improvement over them considering specific traffic is pretty spotty.
Radio traffic related the COVID-19 / PUI is anything but "spotty" here in Anne Arundel County.

Xray

Radio traffic related the COVID-19 / PUI is anything but "spotty" here in Anne Arundel County.

I live within earshot of major hotspot Detroit, tons of runs involving the kung flu, almost seem routine by now and really not worth documenting.
"Possible Charlie location, use universal precautions"

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I live within earshot of major hotspot Detroit, tons of runs involving the kung flu, almost seem routine by now and really not worth documenting.
"Possible Charlie location, use universal precautions"
Different jurisdictions handle PUIs differently. Comms are not trivial in our area - EMS protocol is taken very seriously in this state.

Xray

Who said EMS comms are trivial/not taken seriously ? You seem to be reading things into the few things I have said that simply are not there.
Start a page, write a book about it for all I care.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Who said EMS comms are trivial/not taken seriously ? You seem to be reading things into the few things I have said that simply are not there.
Start a page, write a book about it for all I care.
OK,we're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.