Covid activity in MI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xray

Better late than never, figured it makes sense to start a covid 19 thread in Michigan.

Looking for anything off the beaten track, have been hearing alot on the database channels in the metro Detroit area. I have a sds200 and 100 for that matter, love the scanners but I have no idea how to search talkgroups or whatever to see if theres anything active not listed.

RayAir

Better late than never, figured it makes sense to start a covid 19 thread in Michigan.

Looking for anything off the beaten track, have been hearing alot on the database channels in the metro Detroit area. I have a sds200 and 100 for that matter, love the scanners but I have no idea how to search talkgroups or whatever to see if theres anything active not listed.

I haven't saw anything covid-19 specific on the MPSCS. I monitor the Lakeville, Lapeer, Genesee, and Holly sites with DSD+. Granted we were recently locked out from listening to a lot of LE and some FD comms so I may be missing any specific information that may or may not be on those TGs. Only thing I've noticed is some new terminology being used on EMS-Hosp such as "Covid scale" and "code 45". A national guard TG has recently had some activity on it. Didn't listen, saw it in the logs.

It might be worthwhile to take a look at the Comsource Connect Plus system in the Detroit Metro area. Less EMS services use it now, but I believe Rapid Response still does and there are some downtown CBD oriented TGs that may be used for special purposes.
Not sure what you might find on there. Haven't listened to it in a while.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
I monitor the area just west of Detroit, including the MPSCS interop frequencies. I am hearing less than normal, and most departments have the ability to go encrypted at the touch of a button which causes my scanner to skip over the frequency.

gbouwkamp

Premium Subscriber
On MPSCS, TGs 8343 & 8344 are being used for administration of the Detroit Covid testing center at the old state fair grounds.
The National Guard units that are setting up the field hospitals at TCF Center downtown Detroit and the Suburban Showplace Center in Novi are active on TGs 1220 and 1831.
All 3 helicopters from Survival Flight out of Ann Arbor have been real busy moving critical Covid patients from around the region back to Univ of Mich.

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
On MPSCS, TGs 8343 & 8344 are being used for administration of the Detroit Covid testing center at the old state fair grounds.
The National Guard units that are setting up the field hospitals at TCF Center downtown Detroit and the Suburban Showplace Center in Novi are active on TGs 1220 and 1831.
All 3 helicopters from Survival Flight out of Ann Arbor have been real busy moving critical Covid patients from around the region back to Univ of Mich.

I was hearing several people checking in earlier at The State Fairgrounds. They were on TG-12186. Assuming it's related?

Xray

Thanks for the tips Ill see if I can figure out how to add them, are they p25 ?
I'm behind the curve at this stuff but am catching up. Or hell, I might already have them, any easy way to see what tgs you have within sentinel ?

nvanw27

River Central, TVC
Nearly everyone in Northern MI that I can hear (Oscola, CCE, Benzie, Antrim, Kalkaska, Missaukee) has been adding "Negative COVID Screen" or "Answered No to the Questions" to their calls. On rare occasion i'll hear a dispatcher who forgets, and then has to re-tone with the information. If the screen or questions are positive, they'll usually talk with more urgency, or, very rarely, use "Follow COVID Protocol" in the description.

Xray

Around here near Detroit cops say "Charlie" of "Charlie-19" for covid, EMS usually says possible covid-19 or known. Most runs detail if they are showing any symptoms or not, and say "use universal precautions" when they are.

NickBa66ss

I monitor Lapeer/Genesee sites, so far ive heard 2 COVID positive EMS radio reports from The Villages of Lapeer to McLaren, and a handful coming to Hurley and Ascension Genesys. They usually just say 'COVID Positive, or No COVID symptoms at this time'

scanmanmi

Around here near Detroit cops say "Charlie" of "Charlie-19" for covid
I have heard the term POI (person of interest), or POC (person of concern).
Interesting fact; the troops called the Vietnamese Charlie which is short for the radio acronym of Victor Charlie when referring to the Viet Cong.

Xray

I would think POI would be reserved for someone suspected of criminal activity and not covid infection, they sure cannot afford to get terminology mixed up, and it seems clear enough to me when I listen. When they say "possible Charlie location" as they often do when sent on a run, everyone knows exactly what that means.

scanmanmi

It was absolutely clear it was a response to an ambulance inquiry if the person had covid. Something like 'they haven't been tested but are POI'.

Xray

Ok, they do not use that term in the metro Detroit area for infection is all I can say.

bprevost

Ok, they do not use that term in the metro Detroit area for infection is all I can say.
You may find that the person on the radio is using the abbreviation "PUI" which is person under investigation. That is a code that the CDC has on a report form.

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
12186 is Security at the COVID site at the old State Fair grounds in Detroit.

I saw a new listing for this in the database after I posted this. I've only heard it a handful of times with very brief traffic. It didn't sound like security the few times I heard it, just check ins, no other traffic. Maybe I am just not hearing all the traffic all the time? Were you able to monitor this traffic at all?

gbouwkamp

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing 12186 on and off most days. they mentioned CERT one time, sounds almost like emergency management providing assistance at the Covid site. Definitely a Detroit city agency, very informal, identifying by first name.

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing 12186 on and off most days. they mentioned CERT one time, sounds almost like emergency management providing assistance at the Covid site. Definitely a Detroit city agency, very informal, identifying by first name.

Thanks for the info. One of the RIDs I saw on this TG I had once ID'd as Detroit EMD from a radio roll call a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.