Covington/Maple Valley Police and Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFly1

I have recently purchased a HomePatrol-2 and am working on programming in some frequencies etc.

I noticed there is nothing in the database for Covington Police and Fire, and nothing for Maple Valley police?
I know Covington is fire district 37 but I see nothing in the database. Does anyone know the talk groups for these?

I guess an option would be to do the Trunking Discovery Mode on the HP-2 and see what it finds? What system(s) would they be on?

im800mhz

KCSO S EAST for LE. H1 is MV. H3 is Covington. Fire is the 70 and 80 series stations on Valleycom Fire talkgroups.

McFly1

Thanks for the reply. After some further research I did figure out the Sheriff contracts work to other cities. So when you listen to that KCSO SE group, everything is lumped in there and there is no way to tell what "city" (other than their call signs) the broadcast is coming from? What is this H1 and H3 you mention?

I'm still not clear what you mean by the 70 and 80 series stations for the Valleycom Fire talkgroups? Do you have a specific talkgroup number?

I guess I'm still learning how to read these database talkgroup listings. Like how do you know what areas ValleyCom Fire 1 covers etc. I'll figure it out in time.

RBMTS

Covington Fire is part of the Kent Regional Fire Authority - so you have to know the apparatus unit numbers for the stations near you. Maple Valley has units numbers in the 80's ( Engine 80, 81, etc).

For KCSO, listen for "Henry" units. Most likely you will hear 1 Henry 3 or something similar to that. Contracted KCSO officers can run calls outside of the city if needed.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply. After some further research I did figure out the Sheriff contracts work to other cities. So when you listen to that KCSO SE group, everything is lumped in there and there is no way to tell what "city" (other than their call signs) the broadcast is coming from? What is this H1 and H3 you mention?

I'm still not clear what you mean by the 70 and 80 series stations for the Valleycom Fire talkgroups? Do you have a specific talkgroup number?

I guess I'm still learning how to read these database talkgroup listings. Like how do you know what areas ValleyCom Fire 1 covers etc. I'll figure it out in time.

As far as I know Engine 78 serves Covington. Maple Valley Fire and Life Safety stations are numbered 8X where X represents an engine/truck/aid car. I also believe they have mutual aid agreements so, for example, a Maple Valley truck can run into Covington if Engine 78 were to be tied up for some reason.

brianw

Henry units are Covington, the first number after Henry is shift, second number is unit.
Henry 32 is unit 2 on 3rd shift

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.