Covington Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim202

Why don't you try looking at the RR Database here on thias site. Go look at the state of Louisiana, then St Tammany Parish and then the parish public safety system. It is not complete, but should get you started.

rcla396 said:
Can anyone give me any information for the talkgroups in Covington/ St. Tammany Parish?
thx
rcla396

rcla396

Talkgroups

jim202 said:
Why don't you try looking at the RR Database here on thias site. Go look at the state of Louisiana, then St Tammany Parish and then the parish public safety system. It is not complete, but should get you started.

Hey Jim, I went bye your house the other day and noticed you moved. I noticed that covington is on the same site as St. Tammamy, Site 10. Do you know the other site #'s for our area? I have a Jaguar 700P now and I am trying to program CPD on it and I can't find the call numbers for them.
Good to here from you once again.
later...
JR

red8

Because the St. Tammany sytem is encrypted. The only two systems
you can pickup are Slidell PD and State Police Troop L. From all other
info that I have picked from the others in put on the forum here is that when Covington PD goes on line they will be Pro-Voice system
which it will be totally encrypted and NO scanner will be able to
receive it.
red8

rcla396

Ok sounds good

That sounds good but I have a Jaguar 700P which is Provoice. I need the information so I can program it for just that reason. I can't seem to find the info I need to do that. That is why I need the Info. I have some of the STSO and is working great I would like to pickup Covington PD as well.
Thanks
JR

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
You can pick one up from iether a M/A-Com dealership near you, on e-bay, or other radio dealerships liscensed through M/A-Com.... Run ya from $800.00 to $2,000.00

Jaguar 700P/IP HT's.... Your only hope to hear the EDACS Pro-Voice... :)

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
But lets be clear about this, ProVoice is not encryption, it is just digital.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
rcla396 said:
Sry I don't know what you mean. Can you explain more?
JR
There is nothing to explain, ProVoice is not encryption, it just is a proprietary digital scheme for which there is no scanner available. You can buy a real ProVoice capable radio and monitor such transmissions. If it was encrypted, you could not do that.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
This is true... now for the fun stuff... After you buy the radio, you got to get it programmed for the system, including ESK if applicable, and then if Encryption is used on any Talkgroups,.. you must then have the encryption key in use at the time... which ain't happenin unless you work for that agency.... Plus you better hope that they don't have an auto query set up to check for unauthorized access... And remember if you get caught accessing the system, its a felony... :)

red8

loumaag said:
There is nothing to explain, ProVoice is not encryption, it just is a proprietary digital scheme for which there is no scanner avai lable. You can buy a real ProVoice capable radio and monitor such transmissions. If it was encrypted, you could not do that.
Sorry lou,
I get Provoice and ESK cornfused, I knew like San Antonio was
digital and could not be monitored by any manufactured scanner
and the same with ESK system that was manufactured.
Lord, I apologize for getting cornfused and being with the
starving pygmies in New Guienea. Amen
red8

Status
Not open for further replies.