Cowlitz County Police Call signs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CARSPASSBY

Hi, I'm new to all this and I haven't been able to find anything on the internet that has Cowlitz County in Wa state information on the codes the Police speak in over the scanners? It's not a 10 code or a 3 digit code. It seems to be a mishmash of a lot of their own codes. Stuff like this 101-22-20, 16-32, 2-George. I figure some of the numbers are call signs that have to do with a specific officer. Anybody have a list of this county's code speak? Any help would be appreciated.

tbs12sam

Re: Cowlitz County Call Signs..

Send me your Email address and I will send you the information your looking for.. Generally speaking 1632 for example is referencing AMR Medic unit 16-32. 2-George is the desiganate for the Kelso Police Graveyard Officer in Charge usually a Sergeant, I will explain in detail later as to how our Comm Center does their Radio.. Thanks

CARSPASSBY

Hey, thanks for the heads up on those call signs. Appreciate the offer to help me out...and not that I don't trust you, it's just that I've had very bad problems with viruses infuriating my computer in the past. Hope you can understand. Could you post the information you have on this thread and then I can get it that way without having to give out my email? That would be best I think.
Please let me know either way and once again, thanks for the help.

tbs12sam

Code 1 – Routine Response (No Lights, No Siren)
Code 2 – Urgent Response (Lights, No Siren)
Code 3 – Emergency Response (Lights, Siren)
Code 4 – Narcotics
Code 9 – Weapons
Code 12 – Status Ok
Code 13 – Status Ok, No Further Checks Needed
Code 21 – Warrants
Frank- Felony Warrant
Mary – Misdemeanor Warrant
Code 22 – Mental Health Issues
Code 25 – Subject Near Radio
Code 26 – Intoxicated Subject
Code 54 – Death
Code RED – Restricted Radio Traffic

10-23 – Meet At (Still Commonly Used)
10-24 – Opposite Sex in Vehicle (Starting Mileage logged/ending Mileage Logged at end of transport) (Still Used)

“Stopping” – This term replaced 10-71 for routine Traffic Stop
“Wants/Drivers” – This Term Replaced 10-84/10-85 for Records and Drivers Check

WPZR413: This is the FCC License Call Sign assigned to all Cowlitz County Fire/EMS & Law Enforcement Frequencies. This call sign is given each hour along with the dispatcher ID working any given frequency. (EX: 0102 Hrs WPZR413 X-ray 13) This means the Call Sign was given at 1:02am by dispatcher #13

Dispatchers use a 24 Hour Clock format. This is commonly referred to as Military Time

When Dates of Birth are given to dispatchers for Records Checks, it is given in reverse format like this 1970/05/20. Always year first, then month, and then date.

Incident Report Numbers or IR for short, are assigned by the CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch) each time a call is entered and dispatched. Officers often request those numbers when on calls that require reports. These numbers start at 00001 on January first at midnight of each new year and continue in order until December 31 at 23:59 Hrs (11:59pm)

Disposition Codes are also part of the CAD system. It is a numbered system 1-10, which the CAD already has programmed as to how the call was handled. As Follows:

1- Arrest/Citation Issued
2- Civil Issue
3- Report will be Filed
4- UTL/GOA (Unable to Locate/Gone on Arrival)
5- Turned Over To Another Agency
6- Field Contact Logged No Report Filed
7- Unfounded
8- Informational
9- Settled by Contact
10- Cancelled Call

The Phonetic Code is a list of names used to spell names, and is based on each letter of the alphabet:
A-Adam
B-Boy
C-Charlie
D-David
E-Edward
F-Frank
G-George
H-Henry
I-Ida
J-John
K-King
L-Lincoln
M-Mary
N-Nora
O-Ocean
P-Paul
Q-Queen
R-Robert
S-Sam
T-Tom
U-Union
V-Victor
W-William
Y-Yellow
Z-Zebra
*** Working on Department Identifiers**

CARSPASSBY

Oh man, thank you so much! I will be able to understand so much more of what is going on! I really appreciate this.

kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Could someone confirm or deny that 155.3700 (What most of us know as WA state LERN) is being used as Cowlitz Fire Tactical Red?

Wilrobnson

Moderately Active Member
I have 155.370 as Cowlitz Fire Ops-5 "Air Ops/Interagency Ops".

BTW, since they went NB, they seem to have dropped the "color" names for "Tac-x" numbered tactical channels.

vansigint98661

Premium Subscriber
Typo Perhaps?

Not that I live really near and can get simplex from Cowlitz well, but looking at my journals from waaaaaayyyyyy back in the day, it at least appears that someone might have typoed.

I have Cowlitz fire Red as 154.37, which would have been a semi-cooperative freq with Clark County Fire.

Would seem funny to me the regional freq. coordinator would sanction someone using LERN for something else WITHIN the State of WA.

But as I said, most of what I can hear from the "Couve" is Dispatch channels at high power. What shows in the FCC records?

Wilrobnson

Moderately Active Member
Ouch, Rick- you're right. I misread the paperwork. It IS listed as 154.370- Ops 5 (156.7).

Sorry.

FYI, the list I have shows NO color-coded channels anymore.

vansigint98661

Premium Subscriber
Read that, but was just indicating that the "Red" channel (which everyone was interested in) historically (kinda like my notebooks.....downright dusty..lol) was 154.37. Used to be used quite a bit in Woodland, which is kinda divided with Clark county where a bunch of housing is, and Cowlitz where the City lies. Interestingly, back when I first began listening Clark County was contracted to Woodland to provide not only dispatching but Deputies for LE. Call was 1-(David/Sam/Boy)-"W". Then they went to the Cowlitz system. But have kept the one fire channel which may even be active with Clark Co. Still up in that area since some areas didn't go on the Trunk (Notably FD-6 in Hazel Dell, very populated, but too cheap to join)./

Got my new Pro-197 BTW. Got Butel software, still inputting info. More difficult to use than on Unidens. Want to stick it on IWN especially.

tbs12sam

Hey guys... Just FYI... Cowlitz County narrow banded their frequencies and are again adjusting them.. Current listings may not remain the same.. all frequencies are now licensed under one call sign WPZR413.... There have been some Interop changes to Fire frequencies.. 154.370 is Tac Red.. Not to be confused with State LERN which is still 155.370.. Tac Red for many years was assigned as county wide mutual aid fire tac.. Cowlitz also now has an LTAC frequency listed as an outdated Castle Rock Police Frequency. I will post as soon as I know more about the rebanding..

Status
Not open for further replies.