CP RAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB2WVO

hello.. wondering what freqs CP rail would use crossing boarder from can to vt ? i see mainline and diff areas in the Radioref list.
thanks for any info .

KB1VLA

hello.. wondering what freqs CP rail would use crossing boarder from can to vt ? i see mainline and diff areas in the Radioref list.
thanks for any info .
In the past 161.175 has been the road channel on the Newport Subdivision, and 161.475 is the yard channel in Quebec which may have been used in VT, too. But, CP has just licensed 161.325 and 161.505 to the radio tower in Newport, so try all four and report back with what you hear!

KB2WVO

In the past 161.175 has been the road channel on the Newport Subdivision, and 161.475 is the yard channel in Quebec which may have been used in VT, too. But, CP has just licensed 161.325 and 161.505 to the radio tower in Newport, so try all four and report back with what you hear!
ok sounds good ty... will do on report back.. this is near alburg vt / rouses point ny/ but will try them for sure.

JoshuaHufford

Feed Provider
Unless they switched to NXDN which I doubt, scan all 97 railroad channels when in doubt. Both of my Uniden scanners has a rail service already programmed in. Once you know what is in use in your area then you can only scan what you need.

KB1VLA

ok sounds good ty... will do on report back.. this is near alburg vt / rouses point ny/ but will try them for sure.
Oh, if you're over in that end of the state 161.100 is the frequency you want, the former Delaware & Hudson.
CN/New England Central (Alburgh/St Albans area) frequncies are 160.305, 160.770, 160.935, 161.415

KB2WVO

Oh, if you're over in that end of the state 161.100 is the frequency you want, the former Delaware & Hudson.
CN/New England Central (Alburgh/St Albans area) frequncies are 160.305, 160.770, 160.935, 161.415
will let you know. i moved so iam tryin to find the box scanner is in and this time of nite. no trains wont know till tommorow.
or the 12th when red...

KB2WVO

ok cool. gettin something on 160.935 talking track clear dispatcher... sweet.. ty for the info. now ill have to learn there wording. lol and who where they are.

trainman111

Premium Subscriber
If you're close to the Canadian border, add 161.535 into your list. CPR uses that north of Napierville on the Lacolle Sub.

KB2WVO

If you're close to the Canadian border, add 161.535 into your list. CPR uses that north of Napierville on the Lacolle Sub.
the track from VT to Canada.. is 100ft from me. lol ..... added to scanner. ty for info... will see if anything comes up..
iam not sure if they have to talk to boarder protrol or not. i have to find there info next. probley not much said as there isnt much here..

i heard the one freq. i guess it was dispatcher... saying .... track X clear to bp3000 from burlington to albains and so on... no idea i guess it meens no train on track... things i have to learn next ...

ok iam hearing dispatcher... but not trains... i guess the repeters are patched for dispatch but not for trains ?

Last edited:

trainman111

Premium Subscriber
the track from VT to Canada.. is 100ft from me. lol ..... added to scanner. ty for info... will see if anything comes up..

Which track are you referring to? Canadian Pacific's Newport Sub? If so, program in 161.325 and 161.505. As KB1LVA mentioned, CP has both of those frequencies licensed, and there is consistent reports of both frequencies being used in and around the Farnham area, to include Newport.

KB2WVO

Which track are you referring to? Canadian Pacific's Newport Sub? If so, program in 161.325 and 161.505. As KB1LVA mentioned, CP has both of those frequencies licensed, and there is consistent reports of both frequencies being used in and around the Farnham area, to include Newport.
ok will do... its on the north west corner of vt. by lake champlain. it runs from st albains to Ont,canada i think..

trainman111

Premium Subscriber
ok will do... its on the north west corner of vt. by lake champlain. it runs from st albains to Ont,canada i think..

Okay, that's CN's Swanton Sub. As pointed out, the CN and NECR frequencies in post #7 are the frequencies you'll want programmed. CN trains 323 and 324 will be the two daily trains you should see/hear.

KB2WVO

Okay, that's CN's Swanton Sub. As pointed out, the CN and NECR frequencies in post #7 are the frequencies you'll want programmed. CN trains 323 and 324 will be the two daily trains you should see/hear.
ok bein iam very new to listening to trains...
would they refer to them as box? i hear them saying box ... and is there a video or site for the wording they use? but will listen for them numbers 323 324 ...
i know they say the date time 3 times lol not like fire or ham lol .. i think when they say track clear.. meens no trains on that section.. i think..

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Sounds like train order/foreman paperwork. I'd google around and see if you can find an employee timetable on the web somewhere for your area

Last edited:

KB1VLA

ok bein iam very new to listening to trains...
would they refer to them as box? i hear them saying box ... and is there a video or site for the wording they use? but will listen for them numbers 323 324 ...
i know they say the date time 3 times lol not like fire or ham lol .. i think when they say track clear.. meens no trains on that section.. i think..
The dispatcher is issuing General Code of Operating Rules (GCOR) track warrants

Status
Not open for further replies.