• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CP200D communication problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC_12

I have several cp200D's
When I program them as digital or analog I can transmit and receive radio to radio
When I connect a headset I can no longer communicate in either mode.

Is this something I am missing???
Thank You for any light you can shed on this issue
BC

K2NEC

What kind of headset? Are the pins on the accessory port pressed in firmly? There is no debris or anything in the accessory port right? What about the headset? Have you confirmed that it works properly with other radios?

ChrisE_STB

CA Database Admin
Database Admin
CP200D uses special mics, make sure its the one with the special digital logo stamped on it.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
It does not require the special symbol to work. It just may have the digital noise on TX if it doesn't have that symbol. Does the headset work on another radio? Does the radio in question work with other speaker mics or headsets? If yes to both, then there is likely a PTT selection setting in the radio that is not set properly. TT

BC_12

So interesting info
First I am sorry for the delayed response to your info above. I have the older version R01.00.00 on these radios and I believe this is the problem area.
The version or radios that we have that works has version R01.01.10.0002
found this very interesting.
BC_12

wcu02mpa

I work on these for a living. These radios have some serious poor build quality. The speaker mic jacks fail constantly and the volume switches are the biggest problem.

K2NEC

I work on these for a living. These radios have some serious poor build quality. The speaker mic jacks fail constantly and the volume switches are the biggest problem.
And for the price that moto asks for them? At my work we had a dealer send us 3 new CP200d because the PTT's broke on them. Eventually they stopped bothering replacing them so we started replacing the CP200d with CP200. We kept our old CP200 before they started pushing the CP200d and we are glad we did. The older versions were built better and we find that some people like them more.

I have both of them personally and I like the CP200d audio both transmitting and receiving and the USB programming. Other than that there isn't much to write home about.

EWC_BDN

At least we always know what's wrong with a CP200d or CP200. Volume controls and mic jacks :) . I think the CP200d is still a well built radio. 2pin style mic jacks from every manufacturer fail often. Kenwood Nx-320 jacks fail way more and that radio was more expensive that a CP200d.

I still hate the surface mount jack that's used on every Motorola with a two pin jack. The solder joints fail more than the jack, but if the jack fails its easy to destroy a pad. and there a 7 opportunities to do that.

K2NEC

At least we always know what's wrong with a CP200d or CP200. Volume controls and mic jacks :) . I think the CP200d is still a well built radio. 2pin style mic jacks from every manufacturer fail often. Kenwood Nx-320 jacks fail way more and that radio was more expensive that a CP200d.

I still hate the surface mount jack that's used on every Motorola with a two pin jack. The solder joints fail more than the jack, but if the jack fails its easy to destroy a pad. and there a 7 opportunities to do that.
I'm surprised we haven't had a problem with it yet. With the amount of use and abuse our radios see and the people that use them just jam the mics in. Or maybe they are broken on some of them but being held together in the housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.