• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CP200D factory reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC_12

Searching for a process to reset cp200d with digital capabilities to a factory default.
My ultimate goal is to set up as Analog only but no matter what I do they go into constant transmit mode. I hear the transmission on my mag one so know the freq was programmed.
If you can shed light on this I would appreciate it
Thanks
BC

tdeater

The Mag One's are a different critter. You have to do that button combo to get it into programming mode. I do not know of the CPS for the CP200's comes with blank codeplugs, you might look around the directory where it is installed in your computer and see if there is a factory sample one for that radio. A lot of the programs from Motorola come with sample codeplugs now.

N1GTL

Database Admin
You can default it to factory with a firmware update using the "recovery" option.

K2NEC

The Mag One's are a different critter. You have to do that button combo to get it into programming mode. I do not know of the CPS for the CP200's comes with blank codeplugs, you might look around the directory where it is installed in your computer and see if there is a factory sample one for that radio. A lot of the programs from Motorola come with sample codeplugs now.
The only problem with that is the model number has to match exactly and with the TRBO samples it will only give you 1 CP200d sample codeplug and whatever the frequency is is what it is. I believe the sample might be VHF with the digital option but i'm not sure.

gtaman

The only problem with that is the model number has to match exactly and with the TRBO samples it will only give you 1 CP200d sample codeplug and whatever the frequency is is what it is. I believe the sample might be VHF with the digital option but i'm not sure.

Never use sample code plugs. Most of them are built on very early versions of CPS. They can cause many byte mismatch and cause odd behavior of the radio.

com501

Recover and build new program from scratch. Tech support at MOL is good at troubleshooting, assuming you have a legal software license.

Status
Not open for further replies.