• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CP200d Programming cable/driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacsharpe

I'm attempting to program a CP200d and im having trouble finding the driver and getting the radio to read. I get error number 1687 "unable to detect applicable device"

clbsquared

It takes a mini or micro USB. I think it's a mini, though. Some cables have a thicker shoulder on the rubber coating. You may need to trim it back and make sure it's seated good. When the cable is seated correctly your computer should acknowledge it.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

clbsquared

OK. Sometimes it doesn't play well with windows 10. It does take a while for the driver to load. Once the USB is plugged in and the radio is turned on, it could take a while. Also, you might check to see if you're. using a USB 3.0 or 2.0. If it's a 3.0 it can be a little quirky. 2.0 works the best. Look in your network connections as well. It should show up with an IP address.

zacsharpe

Will do, as far as the driver, it should upload by itself? I get the little yellow caution sign when i look at it in device manager.

clbsquared

I would try uninstalling the RNDIS driver and start over. You may have tried to read the radio before it was fully loaded.

clbsquared

Try turning the radio on before you connect the cable to it and give it some time to load. If that doesn't work, I'm afraid I can't be of much more help. It could be something above my pay grade....LOL.

avdrummerboy

Hate bumping an old thread, but have an OEM Motorola cable that was not cheap and am also having the same issue. Did you ever have any luck getting it programmed or was it a no go. I tried contacting motorola as well as some third party vendors to see if there is some driver to download somewhere and they are all always very confused by the question.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Hate bumping an old thread, but have an OEM Motorola cable that was not cheap and am also having the same issue. Did you ever have any luck getting it programmed or was it a no go. I tried contacting motorola as well as some third party vendors to see if there is some driver to download somewhere and they are all always very confused by the question.

When in doubt...reinstall the CPS.

clbsquared

I know on the mobile (CM200d) when you connect the radio to the computer and it installs the driver, it will ask you to choose which type of network to assign to it. Whether it be a home, work or public network. You have to choose one. Otherwise it will not establish the connection. I'm not sure in the portables though. I would assume it's the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.