• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CP200d programming cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt131

QRT
Premium Subscriber
Hello,

does anyone know if the CP200d can be programmed via the programming cable for the regular CP200 radio?

Thank you!

cabletech

The only differance between the 200 and the 200d is, the d model has capiablity for digital mototrbo.

It takes the same cable and acceseriories as the standard 200, however it may use a differant cps.

ChrisE_STB

CA Database Admin
Database Admin
The only differance between the 200 and the 200d is, the d model has capiablity for digital mototrbo.

It takes the same cable and acceseriories as the standard 200, however it may use a differant cps.

This is not true.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Pretty sure that the programming cable is different as well. The one I saw looked like the radio end had a USB plug like the SL series while the CP200 uses a stereo plug.

Wouldn't be the first time and probably isn't the last time Cabletech is wrong about a Motorola product.

phillydjdan

So is the micro USB cable a standard USB cable or is there some silly circuitry in the cable that requires you buy THEIR cable? For the 200D, I mean...

nanZor

I used a Samsung cellphone charger micro-usb cable to do the programming on my CP200D. Worked fine. The housing was also slim enough to allow it to be pushed in for a nice fit.

nanZor

No problem. Note that this is my *personal* radio, where I'm willing to take a chance.

Any corporate, security, safety or otherwise should use the recommended Motorola cables, for both programming and firmware updates.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I tend to use whatever micro-USB cable I have available at work for the CP200d, SL300, SL3500 and SL7550(e) just like I use what ever USB-B (printer) cable I have available for the SLR and MTR3000 repeaters.

K2NEC

The Motorola cable is just a glorified Micro USB. I used my Samsung cable with success on both my CP200d and my SL300.

The accessories are the same. The little digital symbol doesn't mean squat. Accessories without it will work just fine on the 200d and accessories with it will work just fine on the 200. Motorola just wants you to buy an "optimized for digital" accessory because they want to make money and rope consumers into thinking you have to get a new speaker mic. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.