CP22E Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Anyone know the screw sizes for the antenna ? Just got on in the mail and its missing the entire hardware kit. Really want to try to find them locally vs shipping back and forth.

mitbr

Anyone know the screw sizes for the antenna ? Just got on in the mail and its missing the entire hardware kit. Really want to try to find them locally vs shipping back and forth.
As a last resort if you have an Ace Hardware near you,take the ant with you there and try different screws as they have screws and bolts in open bins. I have done this with multiple items with good success!!
Tim :cool:

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
As a last resort if you have an Ace Hardware near you,take the ant with you there and try different screws as they have screws and bolts in open bins. I have done this with multiple items with good success!!
Tim :cool:
That is most likely the plan tomorrow, however no ace within an hour ride. If someone knew the size I planned to see if amazon would have them.

cmdrwill

Home Depot, Lowes, ect. auto parts store. GigaParts, DX Engineering, The Antenna Farm.

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
The Lowe's store in our area have open bins of screws and bolts...I've drug several antenna parts in to find bolts or screws to fit them...

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Remember, Diamond antennas are made in Japan so the hardware is likely to be metric. I'd look for 6mm hardware, though I don't know the thread pitch.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
So in case anyone else runs into this they are M4 screws. 1/2" is a tick too long but a few minutes with the grinder and they fit. I think 3/8 would have been perfect but couldn't find any locally (albiet 2 hours in the jeep for 60 cents of screws sucked..lol). I ordered some stainless M4-3/8" online last night. The top rod requires a metal screw and the #6-3/8" worked. Again ordered the same in stainless. I plan to cover the steel ones with heat shrink for now.

Mike_NZ

Ohh dear,
You bought one of THEM antennas....
Like yourself I bought one in the late 90's and had no end of problems with it.
What you need before you put this antenna together is a small tube of Loctite and apply it to each and every fastener that you fit to this antenna.
Don't get me wrong, they aren't a bad antenna per se, they just fall to pieces when the fasteners work themselves loose in windy conditions.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.