CPD Taser Training / Other Happenings

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Those monitoring the CPD Zones may have been hearing cars going in to their respective Districts/Areas for "Taser Training". Published reports state each car will have at least 1 taser by summer. Why I have seen these in action, they have plusses and minuses. If they are ever used during an incident, the officer will come up on the radio and report "taser deployment" so the dispatcher can time stamp a ticket for the Tactical Response Report. (TRR) as they refer to it as. Anytime "use of force" is used, this report is required to be filed.
Some rumors coming across the blog that Area Gun and Saturation Teams will be disbanded and returned to the Districts. Up to 150 officers affected is the report. Those units use the call signs with alot of letters and numbers in them (41G71A,44S70B etc.). Midnight Area Tact Teams (T letter designation...44T71A, 41T72B...etc. ) are not reported on the disbanding list. The blog is also reporting possibility of disbanding TRU (4200 Series) or MSF (4400 Series) as well. I don't think this would be well publisized, but the other specialized units are already duplicating the work done. TRU and MSF have been responding to radio assignments on Zones that are in back logs, so this may be a rumor with some substance too. According to the blog, expect some changes around the beginning of the 5th Period (April 29th). So if you stop hearing these cars on the zones after this time, you'll know it's true.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
All the CPD monitors, may want to keep your ear peeled to your favorite Zone in the next few days. Predicted high's in the 70-80 degree range, public schools out on spring break, and just your typical street nonsense should make for some interesting listening. Hearing alot of Mobile Strike Force, Gang Enforcement Unit cars out this afternoon and the night so far. I've been scanning the Zones and my primary Zone 6 and have yet to be dissapointed listening for activity. Going to have a little summer feel to it...

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Strategic Response Unit

Starting next week, CPD listeners may want to keep a listen for some new radio call signs out on the Zones and probably City-wide 1. This is for the latest and greatest "elite unit" of the CPD. This is supposed to be a 90 day detail and will saturate areas of the city where numerous shootings have occured.So here's the scorecard for those keeping score:

4200 series units (T.R.U....Targeted Response Unit)

4400 series units (M.S.F....Mobile Strike Force)

4500 series units...Department Deployment Initiative units..(i'm thinking they will be using call signs in these numbers and re-name it Strategic Response Unit...time will tell)

6700 series units (G.E.U....Gang Enforcement Unit...3rd number is Area of assignment, 6760 series has been out as well...new city-wide Gang response team.

**Don't forget the Area Saturation and Gun Teams...S-Sam and G-George Units...call signs like 44S71A...42G70B....etc.

T-Tom Series...Midnight Area Gang Teams...43T71B...45T7A...etc.

6500 Series...Gang Intelligence Section...

Geesh, do we have anyone left in the Districts?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Summer Starts Today

It certainly feels like it, as far as the radio traffic sounds on the Zones. Predicted highs in the 70's and 80's tomorrow and Sunday should once again be a Chicago Police nightmare. Gang tensions are high, tempers and temperatures will be rising and i'm sure that gun turn in made a dent in the illegal firearms on the street...yeaaaaa riiiight. Zone 6 has yet to dissapoint me as usual this morning, Zone 10 is rolling right along...just to name a few. Let's see....my crystal ball.....34 shot, 14 homicides....weekend prediction by shades.. :eek:)

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Starting next week, CPD listeners may want to keep a listen for some new radio call signs out on the Zones and probably City-wide 1. This is for the latest and greatest "elite unit" of the CPD. This is supposed to be a 90 day detail and will saturate areas of the city where numerous shootings have occured.So here's the scorecard for those keeping score:

Using 4510 Series with letter at the end..(4517C...example)

I've gone through taser training on the M-26 boy what a hell of a schock. This was just for Security Officer training. I worked at a Local city hospital in Colorado. 21 feeet is all you need. I know there is the x-26 which I believe most Law Enforcment officers carry. It is painful but a quick recovery.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
CPD/CFD Taser Protocol

CPD is required to call an ambulance for any "bonafide taser incident". This means if the probes have actually penetrated the body or if the officer/Sergeant actually placed any part of the taser on the body resulting in a positive result.
CPD EMS is supposed to respond with an ALS response..ambulance/fire company and perform ALS treatment and transport. Offender is not allowed to refuse service.

h00sierdaddy

CPD is required to call an ambulance for any "bonafide taser incident". This means if the probes have actually penetrated the body or if the officer/Sergeant actually placed any part of the taser on the body resulting in a positive result.
CPD EMS is supposed to respond with an ALS response..ambulance/fire company and perform ALS treatment and transport. Offender is not allowed to refuse service.

I bet the fire & ems guys are thrilled about this

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I bet the fire & ems guys are thrilled about this

Being one of them, I call it "job preservation". May not like it, but understand the reasoning for it. If they're that much out of control, they may be on some street drugs or other things. Everyone has a lawyer these days...

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Some rumors coming across the blog that Area Gun and Saturation Teams will be disbanded and returned to the Districts. Up to 150 officers affected is the report. Those units use the call signs with alot of letters and numbers in them (41G71A,44S70B etc.). The blog is also reporting possibility of disbanding TRU (4200 Series) or MSF (4400 Series) as well. I don't think this would be well publisized, but the other specialized units are already duplicating the work done. TRU and MSF have been responding to radio assignments on Zones that are in back logs, so this may be a rumor with some substance too. According to the blog, expect some changes around the beginning of the 5th Period (April 29th). So if you stop hearing these cars on the zones after this time, you'll know it's true.

Got word today that this will be happening within the coming weeks. Officers in these units will be returning to their District of assignment (They were carried on the sheets as "detailed"). Area Midnight Gang Tact Teams are also affected by this. Mobile Strike Force (4400 Series) will be adding a 5th Team for daytime operations. No word if the Targeted Response Unit (4200 Series) is affected in this as well. Looks like some cosolidation of units is occuring, alot of duplicate missions, so it makes sense. I'll update when I get confirmation.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Zone 3 & Zone 6 Back On-Line

Those missing Zone 3 and Zone 6 for the past week, they're back on the normal Zones. Zone 3 was using City-Wide 5, and Zone 6 was using City-Wide 4 for the past week due to fiber optic damage during construction. All is well....

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Got word today that this will be happening within the coming weeks. Officers in these units will be returning to their District of assignment (They were carried on the sheets as "detailed"). Area Midnight Gang Tact Teams are also affected by this. Mobile Strike Force (4400 Series) will be adding a 5th Team for daytime operations. No word if the Targeted Response Unit (4200 Series) is affected in this as well. Looks like some cosolidation of units is occuring, alot of duplicate missions, so it makes sense. I'll update when I get confirmation.

This takes effect tonight. No mention of the Area Gun Teams in the memo, so they may still be around. Those are the units with radio signatures of "G (George)" in the middle. 41G71A...45G72B...example.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
This takes effect tonight. No mention of the Area Gun Teams in the memo, so they may still be around. Those are the units with radio signatures of "G (George)" in the middle. 41G71A...45G72B...example.

Gun Teams are still active, may be disbanding them soon according to the blog. They're having some major issues with the Zones as of late. Zones using back up transmitters, Zone 8 has been on City-Wide 5 for a few days, just a mess. I suggest if you don't hear a Zone for a few minutes, check City-Wide's 4,5,6..they've been using them for back up.

**Some of the "Specialized" Units Radio Signatures***

4200 Series..T.R.U. (Targeted Response)

4400 Series..M.S.F. (Mobile Strike Force)

"G" George Teams..Gun Teams.

"A" Adam Teams...{2nd Watch}...School Teams..

46(10,20,30.. Series) Canine Units

46(50,60,70,80,,, Series) SWAT Units

RADIOGUY2002

I was wondering why cw 5 sounded really bad. I know now why. I would began to speculate, but I'm not going to for the better of me.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
CPD Zones

Today..all Zones are back on their primary frequency. There was a major line failure over the past few weeks. Zone 8 went back to the primary frequency earlier today, they were on city-wide 5 for the past 5 days. Hopefully...all is fixed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.