• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CPS 2.0 with CP100d Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb1dog

I am using a licensed version of CPS 2.0 with a CP100d with display radio. I am a new user to CPS. I can create multiple scan lists by right clicking. But no matter what I do, I cannot create additional ZONES. I believe this radio is supposed to have 16 zones and a total of 160 channels. Am I doing something wrong? Some setting? Software bug? Other? Thanks for your time and help.

Attachments

• zone problem.jpg
    zone problem.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 14

K2NEC

Looks like there is a 16 channel version and a 160 channel version. It appears you have the 16 channel version if you cant create another zone.

kb1dog

Thanks... I have the 160 channel UHF with display. They don't have a 16 channel with display. Also, I have 18 channels programmed already. CP100D-LD UHF: AAH87YDH9JA2AN (H87YDH9JA2AN) 403-480 MHz, 4 Watts, 160 Channels. See screenshots of model number in CPS and that 18 channels are already defined. I just can't create additional zones. Note one thing... I did buy a non-display radio at the same time and both were originally programmed by the dealer. I don't know if he copies the 16 channel model setup somehow into the 160 channel model, overwriting some of the configuration file and messing up the radio? I wouldn't think that is even possible, but maybe the bug/problem is in that area? Thanks for any additional ideas?

Attachments

• channels.jpg
    channels.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 10
  • channels2.jpg
    channels2.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 9

K2NEC

I see....
Go into the CPS and click on "Zone". This should bring you to a page that will show all your zones. Right now you should see your 1 zone and all the channels in it. Then click the + at the top of the page and that will create a new zone

kb1dog

Thank you for your continued help. You would think that would work. But that is my whole problem, it is not working for me. The + sign is greyed out and cannot be clicked. See screenshots...

Attachments

• zone1.jpg
    zone1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 12
  • zone2.jpg
    zone2.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 12

K2NEC

Thank you for your continued help. You would think that would work. But that is my whole problem, it is not working for me. The + sign is greyed out and cannot be clicked. See screenshots...
Woah. That is weird. Can you email me your codeplug? k2nec.moto@gmail.com
My best guess is that the radio is a 160 channel radio but only supports 1 zone which is pretty annoying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.