CPS and Fire pretty busy right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Redwood spent a long time on Highway 8 with a head-on collision near Range Road 32. Just as the crews were packing up to leave, a semi-truck failed to slow down properly and jacknifed into the ditch at the same location.

Luckily that is all that we've done so far today. Highway 1 was closed by the RCMP eastbound from 22 to Old Banff Coach Road for a while due to several semi-truck wrecks, but it has now been reopened.

masonb

It is chaotic on the roads right now. Every department from every county I could receive this morning was tied up with some type of incident. Good work and a safe hand to those who are dealing with mother natures fury & a lot of human error.

MrVelvet

Sounds like CFD crews could not get to the scene of a house fire early this morning as trucks were getting stuck. Call turned in a 3 alarm fire and 6 houses were lost/affected.

Jay911

Feed Provider
RMES and Springbank fire crews have checked out the same semi-trailer rolled over five times in the past 24 hours, in the ditch between Calaway Park and Highway 22 on Highway 1 eastbound.

I don't know why it hasn't been towed yet.

For those who don't know: Vehicles which have been already checked by emergency responders have yellow caution tape wrapped around them.

beeperboy

For those who don't know: Vehicles which have been already checked by emergency responders have yellow caution tape wrapped around them.

They should write on them with with a black spray can like they do on houses after a hurricane. :wink:

BB

Jay911

Feed Provider
I would have been content with CFCN putting a big chyron over it when they showed the semi on the news tonight, saying people already know about it.

smason

RMES and Springbank fire crews have checked out the same semi-trailer rolled over five times in the past 24 hours, in the ditch between Calaway Park and Highway 22 on Highway 1 eastbound.

I don't know why it hasn't been towed yet.

I always thought it was a day-glo sticker on the mirror, or is that just RCMP?

Jay911

Feed Provider
From listening to the mounties this weekend, I think they're doing tape as well. In my experience, when you see a bright orange sticker about the size of a parking ticket ( :D ) on a car that's abandoned roadside, that's a tow tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.