• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CPS Downloaded or Hard copy shipped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kk4mei

When you buy the Motorola CPS is it downloaded or a CD is shipped to you?

gjhamilton

It can be downloaded but you have to call and request it if I remember right. But you still will get a hard copy in the mail.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
When you buy the Motorola CPS is it downloaded or a CD is shipped to you?
You'll get the current version shipped to you. I just renewed our subscription to the Pro Series CPS and got a shipping notice so I'll be watching for a FedEx delivery this week.

Then when the next version is released, you will be able to download it right away.

Just understand that they won't send you a notice of a new version. It's up to you to discover that and there are several ways to do so. The easiest is to log into your MOL account every few weeks and check the info releases on the home page. If you see a new version of your CPS listed, just click on it and it will take you right to the download. That's a very good reason to explore MOL a bit and get used to how things happen there.

Some forums like the batboard and p25.ca generally experience a post or a new thread when a new version of some CPS's are released. To some extent, that depends on which CPS it is as there is more interest in some than others.

The bottom line is that you have to be a bit proactive to stay current.

K

kk4mei

You'll get the current version shipped to you. I just renewed our subscription to the Pro Series CPS and got a shipping notice so I'll be watching for a FedEx delivery this week.

Then when the next version is released, you will be able to download it right away.

Just understand that they won't send you a notice of a new version. It's up to you to discover that and there are several ways to do so. The easiest is to log into your MOL account every few weeks and check the info releases on the home page. If you see a new version of your CPS listed, just click on it and it will take you right to the download. That's a very good reason to explore MOL a bit and get used to how things happen there.

Some forums like the batboard and p25.ca generally experience a post or a new thread when a new version of some CPS's are released. To some extent, that depends on which CPS it is as there is more interest in some than others.

The bottom line is that you have to be a bit proactive to stay current.

how much was the cps now? I just set up a MOL account but when I lookup software all I see is the programing cables. I plan to call them in the morning it has been a week now. Maybe I missed a step or something during the process.

gjhamilton

You have to get them to add the software subscription to your account

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
how much was the cps now? I just set up a MOL account but when I lookup software all I see is the programing cables. I plan to call them in the morning it has been a week now. Maybe I missed a step or something during the process.
Now that your account is established, you will have to open a case with them and get a software license agreement executed. Once that happens, then the software becomes visible alongside the programming hardware.

Which CPS do you want to purchase? I just bought HVN9025 Professional Series for $265. Our subscription ofr the RVN4191 Commercial Series comes due later this year and it is currently priced at $265 also.

K

kk4mei

Now that your account is established, you will have to open a case with them and get a software license agreement executed. Once that happens, then the software becomes visible alongside the programming hardware.

Which CPS do you want to purchase? I just bought HVN9025 Professional Series for $265. Our subscription ofr the RVN4191 Commercial Series comes due later this year and it is currently priced at $265 also.

for my XPR7550 With 25hz avilable for ham bands

K

kk4mei

opened a case is this good enough?

*** Notes 3/16/14 7:37:9 PM MOLCase Action Type: General Hello Ihave been trying to buy the CPS for my XPR7550 through my account and can not seem to find it. When I go into software all I see are the programing cables.

Thank you in advance for helping me with this issue.

kk4mei christopher jones

gjhamilton

You should say I need a software subscription added to my account.

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
opened a case is this good enough?

*** Notes 3/16/14 7:37:9 PM MOLCase Action Type: General Hello Ihave been trying to buy the CPS for my XPR7550 through my account and can not seem to find it. When I go into software all I see are the programing cables.

Thank you in advance for helping me with this issue.

kk4mei christopher jones
Yeah, that should do it.

Just understand that you will have to get a 25 khz entitlement ID after you buy the software. That will allow you to program WB for your ham channels. Call them and ask for the info on doing that when you have the CPS.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
In order to get the 25khz EID, you will have to watch a stupid video/web class on what Narrowbanding is and "accept responsibility" if you are out of FCC compliance. You can only get 25khz EID for software which you are currently subscribed. TT

Status
Not open for further replies.