• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CPS Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramchops

Hi I'm looking to program a few different Motorola handheld and mobiles.
I have
P-110
HT1250
CT-250
CP-200
PR-400
M-120 mobile
Radius Mobile

I am needing to know what software I need. I'm pretty sure the RVN4191 will work on the cp200 and pr400..Is this correct? Any ideas on the others?

Also.. I'm treading lightly here and am not looking for any free software, but do the older radios such as the p110 and radius mobiles require the purchase of the high dollar software since they're so old?
BTW I am using windows 8, will that work? Thanks

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
The only radios that do not have current software are the P-110, Radius Mobile, and the M-120. All the other radios have current software from Motorola.

If you are in the USA, The M120, Radius Mobile and P110 are not legal for LMR use anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mancow

Database Admin
Hi I'm looking to program a few different Motorola handheld and mobiles.
I have
P-110
HT1250
CT-250
CP-200
PR-400
M-120 mobile
Radius Mobile

I am needing to know what software I need. I'm pretty sure the RVN4191 will work on the cp200 and pr400..Is this correct? Any ideas on the others?

Also.. I'm treading lightly here and am not looking for any free software, but do the older radios such as the p110 and radius mobiles require the purchase of the high dollar software since they're so old?
BTW I am using windows 8, will that work? Thanks

You will need a subscription for the Waris 1250 series.
Hit up p25.ca for possibly some of the others, then hit up google for the rest because you can't buy the old stuff, it no longer is for sale.

Windows 8 is a no go. You can run the 1250 in windows but the older stuff needs true DOS.

SCPD

QRT
Good advice on Windows 8, don't use it!. I would seriously look at getting PC that will run Windows XP and possibly have a serial port for programming if you can. That's what I use for programming mostly Moto radios and never had an issue and best bet is to keep it off the internet. You will need a serial port on the mobo for the DOS stuff anyway.

Good luck!!

Ramchops

Thanks for all of the advice... So the p110 radius and m120 are illegal?? Can they be used for anything in the US?

Ramchops

Also if there are still uses for these units athough limited, how can I obtain the software to reprogram. These came out of service from my FD so I cant use them freqs for general chit chat with my group so I gotta reprogram and I have several of these units so I figured it would be cheaper to do on my own vs paying a technician 20 plus per unit.

cabletech

Here is the software ID for these radios.

P-110------DOS ONLY no longer available unless you know some one. Legal in ham band only
HT1250----WINS-Available on Moto on line--HVN9025 current ver 6.12.09 about $295 for three yrs.
CT-250----WIN No longer available--HVN6053
CP 200---WIN Available on MOL--RVN4191 current ver 5.18 about $250 for three yrs
PR-400---WIN Same as CP 200 and this also include the cp150
M-120 mobile--DOS only no longer available--legal in ham only
Radius Mobile--DOS only no longer available --legal in ham only

And before you ask,

Magone (BP40)--WIN MOL RVN5081
GR1225-M1225-P1225 WIN HVN9054 avail on mol P1225 is still legal for commerical use, the GR and M1225 legall ham only

PR860 WIN ver 1.4 no longer avail.

Set up a MOL account and then get what you need after signinng the agreements.

Good luck

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
GR1225-M1225-P1225 WIN HVN9054 avail on mol P1225 is still legal for commerical use, the GR and M1225 legall ham only
The M1225 is 12.5 compliant, but it won't do the new splinter channels. Any one that has non-splinter frequencies can still make good use of the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.