• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CPS issue with HT1250

Status
Not open for further replies.

berkinet

I posted this on the Batboard a few days ago, but haven't gotten a response. So, I though I might give it a try here...

I am trying to program a pair of HT1250s (AAH25RDF9AA5AN PMUE1409E & PMUE1409A). One has a full DTMF keypad, the other does not. I am using "Professional Radio" CPS vR06.12.05 on 64bit Win-7 and a 32bit WIN-XP machines.

I am able to get the radios programmed and if I set the Rotary Control to Select Channel (fixed), it all works. However, if I change the setting to Select Channel (Continuous) the following problem occurs: if I try to read the codeplug from the radio or from file gives the following errors

• Entry does not have field with ID 2694
  • PassII- Unable to transfer block Radio Configuration from CpDb to Db
and I can go no further. However, I can read in an older version of the codeplug from file and that will load into CPS and the radio. Is this a known issue? Is there a way to fix this by editing the code plug directly?

BTW, I wanted this setting because some of the zones are not fully populated (I.e. less than 16 fields). Is there a way to avoid that error other than by changing the Rotary Control setting and short of just creating dummy entries to have 16 entries in each zone (which, I guess, is pretty much the same thing to the user)?

Any ideas, suggestions or pointers most appreciated.

Richard

ChrisE_STB

CA Database Admin
Database Admin
The HT1250 does not support the continuous channel knob, that is only for the EX600/560/HT1550. As you said, just assign a dummy channel to the blank entries to avoid the UNPROGRAM tone.

SCPD

QRT
If I recall I believe the continuous setting was for other models which the rotary switch would not stop fully rotating around with no stopper. unlike the ht1250 where it stops at 16. Its just how the 1250 is and why you get those messages. The 1250 cps I recall on some would allow a few invalid settings to be written but even so it does not function since it is invalid. What firmware version is the radios themself? I don't recall off head any issues with firmware about rotary on the 1250.

You could program the front buttons for zone select, the rotary for channel select or if you use say half the 16 channels you could do what many fire departments do on conventional, they will have channels 1 through 8 in order of the frequencies used in a zone, then 16 would be channel 1 again counting down to 9 with same channels 1 through 8 are so in any event say in blinding situations one can rotate either all the way to 1, or 16 and know when they stop they are on a primary they can get out in event needed. Nothing wrong with duplicates in a zone if it evens out. Alternatively you could create 1 through 8 with say a mdc perosnality if used, high power, then 9 to 16 same channels without mdc, low power etc.

berkinet

Thanks for the quick response, and the explanation. Seems odd the CPS would allow an illegal setting, especially one that renders the codeplug totally unusable (and requiring the user to start from scratch with a new codeplug).

It's pretty sad the overall functionality of this CPS is so much lower than the older RSSs (like for the x1225 series). That RSS (even the older DOD versions) allowed copying of modes and generally was easier and more productive to use.

For the record, the radio is on firmware R05.09.06

Richard

Rred

Richard-
Can I ask you if that CPS software mentions whether it supports the HT-1000 series? i.e. "All" HT series? Or just the later models?

Status
Not open for further replies.