• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

cps ro6.09.06

Status
Not open for further replies.

motolover

Is the software for only one radio or will it program more then one radio ? Can you use it to program older radios? i know with rss there was a program for each radio. Is it diffrent with the cps? thanks

motolover

No i use it to program my ht1250 and i was wondering if it will program other radios too

EncryptionMan

If you or your company/agency/whatever had or has a signed license agreement with Motorola you would know exactly what radio(s) that software works with. Without getting into anything on the boards my recommendation to you is if you do have the software load it and the program will tell you what it does. If you are about to be in possession of it by any other means than Motorola (and getting it through Motorola is the only legal way) I suggest you pass the offer up. Motorola likes to sue over that stuff :(

af5rn

motolover said:
Is the software for only one radio or will it program more then one radio ?
At once? Probably not. :lol:

Can you use it to program older radios?

i know with rss there was a program for each radio. Is it diffrent with the cps? thanks
Yes, it is different. The program tells you when it opens up exactly what radio series it applies to. The same CPS does the entire HT series.

N1GTL

Database Admin
motolover said:
Is the software for only one radio or will it program more then one radio ? Can you use it to program older radios? i know with rss there was a program for each radio. Is it diffrent with the cps? thanks

It will program HT750, HT1250, HT1550, EX500, EX600, CDM750, CDM1250 and CDM1550.

dsheli

EncryptionMan said:
If you or your company/agency/whatever had or has a signed license agreement with Motorola you would know exactly what radio(s) that software works with. Without getting into anything on the boards my recommendation to you is if you do have the software load it and the program will tell you what it does. If you are about to be in possession of it by any other means than Motorola (and getting it through Motorola is the only legal way) I suggest you pass the offer up. Motorola likes to sue over that stuff :(

Ok he did not ask you to interrogate him on whether or not he had a legal copy. Motorola is not going to sue a single person for being in possession of there software. They me sue someone who is distributing it but I think that is safe to say that most people that have a illigale copy of CPS are going to be vol. ff or in some other public safety profession. With that said they most likely will not have the financial capital to make it worth Moto's time and effort to go after and "track" them down.

[Mod edit: LANGUAGE!]

Last edited by a moderator:

EncryptionMan

dsheli said:
Ok he did not ask you to interrogate him on whether or not he had a legal copy. Motorola is not going to sue a single person for being in possession of there software. They me sue someone who is distributing it but I think that is safe to say that most people that have a illigale copy of CPS are going to be vol. ff or in some other public safety profession. With that said they most likely will not have the financial capital to make it worth Moto's time and effort to go after and "track" them down. So my words to you, stop being a f****** a** and answer the guys question.

WOW.....

Actually Motorola DOES sue end users in possession of it. They are VERY serious they even go after buyers and sellers of copies of their software on eBay. They are also known to patrol web boards looking for people trading/selling their software. Many web boards that talk about Motorola products have STRICT posting policy's regarding RSS and CPS software. With that said perhaps the poster had a chance to buy or receive a burnt copy of it. I was just informing them that perhaps it was not such a good idea. I did not know what radios it programed as I do not use that version of CPS/RSS so I told them my second best recommendation. Run the software as some versions of it will show a list of what it is capable of when it starts up. My post did not interrogate the poster in anyway it was a statement (which is true) if they got it through Motorola they would know the radios it was capable of programing.

Last edited:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
If you can't reply to a thread in a civil manner, dsheli, keep your mouth shut.

As far as I can tell the question has been answered and the OP no doubt scared off by some of you. Regardless of how software is acquired an answer can still be given without some verbose 'rules and regulations' post.

Status
Not open for further replies.