• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CPS XPR7550e,R7 contacts, text alert duration and such

I have 2 XPR7550e radios that i have been playing with the programming on cps 2.0 and cannot figure out how to stop the quick reply text from either radio from being continuous(no less than one minute duration) when quick replied. If standard text(set to momentary) it only alerts once but if quick reply text is sent it alerts continuous for 1 minute since i cannot set to less than 1 minute.
i have also named the radios one Jenni and the other Brice with jenni being 300 and brice being 301. But, i have to send messages on both radios to jenni. If sent to brice from jenni, it goes nowhere.if i call to/from each radio they both say jenni. Im not understanding this.
lastly, the new R7(to be named Jeremy)will not read. Only shows [#101005] Codeplug version not supported. Please refer to application help files for supported codeplug versions. Its a brand new R7 i was just hoping to write my xpr codeplug to but nope.
thanks alot for your help it is GREATLY appreciated. Im jealous of the wisdom here.

Jeremy

the_scrabbler

Make sure you are on the latest CPS 2.0. Codeplug not supported error can happen when your version of CPS is older than the radio firmware. Latest CPS 2.0 version is 2.134.76.0, released January 2023. You can go to help > about to check your version

Not too sure about the first problem... If the radios are not showing the message aliases you expect, double check the digital IDs of each radio (configuration > general > general settings > radio ID) and make sure they are unique to each radio. Also check the call ID assigned to each private contact in the contact list (configuration > contacts > [contact name] > call ID) and make sure they are unique to each radio. For example if jenni's radio ID is 30, then in brice's contact list there should be a private contact named jenni with Call ID 30

Scrabbler, this gives me hope for the xpr issues as ive not looked at “private contacts”. You guys on here must have iq’s much higher than mine. I will check that asap.
thanks ALOT for your time.
Jeremy

Firebuff880

So the tips you got above regarding Contact lists and Private call from @the_scrabbler are right on.

Your R7 probably needs the 2.134.76/77 release of CPS / RM to read & program, but it also has to be regionalized first via a phone home procedure. Some dealers do that for you, some expect you to. If you need to do it setup your phone as a simple Hotspot as it's a one and done (per subscriber).

Well, crap.. im not sure what cps release i have. Im fairly sure i regionailzed the R7 when i got it (reset my modem/router with applicable name/pass) and it checked for updates and blah blah.
BTW, these radios will be simplex only

Firebuff880

Well,

They only come with two versions of firmware right now -- R02.22.02.3001 needs the 2.134.76/77 and R02.21.04.1006 needs the 2.122.70.0 release -- See Help / About when CPS is open

How do I get an MOL account or whatever its called? Im
Not sure how to update my software I currently have. Is there ANYTHING straight-forward with Motorola? So far I have wasted almost $4000 on radios that dont work and I cant even program them. This is wonderful.

otobmark

Premium Subscriber
Been awhile but I called motorola to set up my account. I told them I needed access to mototrbo and apx software/firmware. These requests had to be made by call not online. No dealer involvement.

hp8920

Been awhile but I called motorola to set up my account. I told them I needed access to mototrbo and apx software/firmware. These requests had to be made by call not online. No dealer involvement.

Nope, you can do it online. The exact instructions how to do it is 10 threads under OP's. If the OP isn't going to do basic research and instead get frustrated and complain how complicated programming is, he should rely on a dealer. Especially if they have money to blow on a R7.

why the rude replies? Is this what i can expect here? I suppose im guilty of something.. was just hoping for some help. Not ridicule